+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Michael Gove

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I don't think the other thread was anything to do with politics
    The people have voted...

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I have as a matter of principal never posted, or commented on a political post before. However, given your comments, I would ask you, what your opinion is regarding the members of Nottingham City Council and the way they have executed their duties in respect of the City of Nottingham.
    I know this question wasn't aimed at me, but my opinion of the way the members of Nottingham City Council have executed their duties in respect of the City of Nottingham would be a negative one. I am equally proud of my Nottingham roots and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but if I did Cheltenham would be very near the top of my list. The question I would ask of you is what is your opinion regarding the likes of Johnson and Gove and the way they have executed their duties in respect of running the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Gove (and Johnson) has forged a career on outright lies and confidence tricks. Him and the dishonest Worzel Gummidge tribute act are now in the process of vandalising UK supply chains with their 'oven-ready' deal for the benefit of nobody whatsoever other than disaster capitalists. A pair of odious individuals working for the benefit of rich donors and voted for by those that are not properly paying attention, complete morons that only have the brain capacity for three-word-slogans and knuckle-dragging racists.

I wouldn't trust him to feed my pet whilst I was away.

Wazzock.
    I now believe we have a ‘Department for Levelling Up’. So that’s alright.

Voters keep voting for stupid things and stupid people. It was always a matter of time before the chickens started coming home to roost.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I know this question wasn't aimed at me, but my opinion of the way the members of Nottingham City Council have executed their duties in respect of the City of Nottingham would be a negative one. I am equally proud of my Nottingham roots and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but if I did Cheltenham would be very near the top of my list. The question I would ask of you is what is your opinion regarding the likes of Johnson and Gove and the way they have executed their duties in respect of running the country?
    My view of Johnson and Gove is certainly not positive, and they have a lot of work to do justify the faith of the electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    My view of Johnson and Gove is certainly not positive, and they have a lot of work to do justify the faith of the electorate.
    In that case, it's close to my view of the members of Nottingham City Council.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Indeed.
    Of course it was but someone has a Gutter mind !!!

[QUOTE=CheltenhamPie;39870850]My view of Johnson and Gove is certainly not positive, and they have a lot of work to do justify the faith of the electorate.[/QU

When Boris needs a massive lie told with great sincerity he wheels out the weasel that is Gove. The trouble with Boris is when he lies it's not sincere enough !!
    And I mean that most sincerely folks !

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I now believe we have a ‘Department for Levelling Up’. So that’s alright.

Voters keep voting for stupid things and stupid people. It was always a matter of time before the chickens started coming home to roost.
    That's what happens when you have a cr@p government and cr@p opposition.

I never doubt that when a new prime minister takes over that she/he thoroughly believes that they will make a difference during their term. It’s a sincere naivety that they’ve made it and things will be better. Does anything really change though, the bigger things, whether the party be Red, Blue, Orange or Yellow?

Britain is a business, the prime minister the store manager and big bankers, CEO’s and their like tell her/him what he can have in his store. There is a certain level of autonomy, on the smaller things, but the bosses boss make the big decisions….and they don’t wear Blue, Red, Yellow or Orange. It makes no difference to them.

Boris and Gove are no different to any others that have, or will, come into power in our life times. They realise late on that they can make no real difference, the game is rigged and we don’t even realise as we squabble over the vagaries of Blue, Red or Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I never doubt that when a new prime minister takes over that she/he thoroughly believes that they will make a difference during their term. It’s a sincere naivety that they’ve made it and things will be better. Does anything really change though, the bigger things, whether the party be Red, Blue, Orange or Yellow?

Britain is a business, the prime minister the store manager and big bankers, CEO’s and their like tell her/him what he can have in his store. There is a certain level of autonomy, on the smaller things, but the bosses boss make the big decisions….and they don’t wear Blue, Red, Yellow or Orange. It makes no difference to them.

Boris and Gove are no different to any others that have, or will, come into power in our life times. They realise late on that they can make no real difference, the game is rigged and we don’t even realise as we squabble over the vagaries of Blue, Red or Yellow.
    Do you honestly think that when Johnson and Gove were being driven around in their big red lie before the EU referendum they were doing it in the best interest of the UK, or was this just something that they thought could further their own careers by fooling enough people?

Do you think that these people are honest men? Johnson has been sacked more than once for lies. He has forged a career on telling people what he thinks they want to hear despite the fact that nearly everything he says is outright hor5e****. He's done this throughout the pandemic, delaying lockdowns , shaking hands with people on covid wards, keeping flights to India open. His actions have caused 10's of thousands of extra unnecessary deaths in the UK. That's people now dead so he could carry on attempting to being popular.

All this talk of him 'doing his best' or some imagined notion that 'it would be worse if someone else was in charge' is just fabricated nonsense to somehow justify supporting this horror-show. He has let the country down badly and needs to be replaced (as do Nottm City Council in answer to an earlier post).

Anyway don't worry about energy price rises this winter, Johnson promised cheaper energy if we left the EU (obviously he said this in the best interests of the country and it was not another outright lie).

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/121870...s-back-brexit/

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast