+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Michael Gove

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That's what happens when you have a cr@p government and cr@p opposition.
    The ‘opposition’ haven’t been in power for 11 years, that’s why they’re called the ‘opposition’.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    A pair of odious individuals working for the benefit of rich donors and voted for by those that are not properly paying attention, complete morons that only have the brain capacity for three-word-slogans and knuckle-dragging racists
    Not sure which ones of the above relates to me but I often think it is a touch arrogant to describe people who chose to vote differently to you in such terms.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Not sure which ones of the above relates to me but I often think it is a touch arrogant to describe people who chose to vote differently to you in such terms.
    I suppose it all depends on whether you have been properly paying attention forward. Only you know that.

Do you honestly think that when Johnson and Gove were being driven around in their big red lie before the EU referendum they were doing it in the best interest of the UK, or was this just something that they thought could further their own careers by fooling enough people?

Do you think that these people are honest men? Johnson has been sacked more than once for lies. He has forged a career on telling people what he thinks they want to hear despite the fact that nearly everything he says is outright hor5e****. He's done this throughout the pandemic, delaying lockdowns , shaking hands with people on covid wards, keeping flights to India open. His actions have caused 10's of thousands of extra unnecessary deaths in the UK. That's people now dead so he could carry on attempting to being popular.

All this talk of him 'doing his best' or some imagined notion that 'it would be worse if someone else was in charge' is just fabricated nonsense to somehow justify supporting this horror-show. He has let the country down badly and needs to be replaced (as do Nottm City Council in answer to an earlier post).

Anyway don't worry about energy price rises this winter, Johnson promised cheaper energy if we left the EU (obviously he said this in the best interests of the country and it was not another outright lie).

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/121870...s-back-brexit/

Name:  51F59757-2D1D-4604-ADE2-7D9B00DA4AAE.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  16.6 KB

I suppose it all depends on whether you have been properly paying attention forward. Only you know that.
    With respect your definition of people who voted in a different way to you probably says more about you than those voters.

My three children voted for three different parties. The are all bright, well educated, take an interest in politics and are definitely not knuckle dragging racists and I respect all of their opinions.

With respect your definition of people who voted in a different way to you probably says more about you than those voters.
    Maybe. But those still willing to lend support to this proven liar who has cost 10's of thousands of lives with his populist nonsense really cannot be paying attention.

Would you want your son or daughter to bring a man home like Gove or Johnson?
    Last edited by Mapperleypie; 20-09-2021 at 10:19 AM.

What about those who - for one reason or another - couldn't even be bothered to vote? They are the real villains of the piece. They deserve to be stranded in the coming mess that is post-Brexit UK. I don't.
    As a matter of interest, Forward, do you hold Johnson and his government at all responsible for the death cull in care homes?
    Interesting to read that like clubs relegated from the PL, sacked ministers get a parachute payment of £17,000. Smart move, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What about those who - for one reason or another - couldn't even be bothered to vote? They are the real villains of the piece. They deserve to be stranded in the coming mess that is post-Brexit UK. I don't.
    As a matter of interest, Forward, do you hold Johnson and his government at all responsible for the death cull in care homes?
    Interesting to read that like clubs relegated from the PL, sacked ministers get a parachute payment of £17,000. Smart move, Gavin.
    I didn't vote. Not because I couldn't be bothered, but because there wasn't a single party - and particularly a leader - credible enough for me to vote for.

Maybe. But those still willing to lend support to this proven liar who has cost 10's of thousands of lives with his populist nonsense really cannot be paying attention.

Would you want your son or daughter to bring a man home like Gove or Johnson?
    You seem to agree that you definition of voters at the last election maybe says more about you and have moved the discussion from your view of who I would give my support to in future. I do pay attention Mapperleypie and will make that decision when I am given the available options.

I will let my son and daughters make their own choices.
    Last edited by forwardmagpie; 20-09-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I bet you couldn’t wait to jump in Sid!

I will reply to your questions below

I agree that people should vote and it’s a shame some decide not to bother.

I will reserve judgement on wether Brexit will be a success or not for a few years yet but I hope it is unlike some who seem to hope it’s a failure so they can be proved right.

I don’t think the government did a very good job with care homes especially at the beginning and will be interested in the result of the enquiry into their whole handling of the pandemic.

If you do some research Sid I think you will find that ministers severance pay is not a new concept!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast