+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Michael Gove

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I bet you couldn’t wait to jump in Sid!

I will reply to your questions below

I agree that people should vote and it’s a shame some decide not to bother.

I will reserve judgement on wether Brexit will be a success or not for a few years yet but I hope it is unlike some who seem to hope it’s a failure so they can be proved right.

I don’t think the government did a very good job with care homes especially at the beginning and will be interested in the result of the enquiry into their whole handling of the pandemic.

If you do some research Sid I think you will find that ministers severance pay is not a new concept!
    Thanks for honest answers, Forward. Always a good thing. 'Jumping in' was not a problem. I despair of politics these days. I was aware that parachute payments for sacked minsters was nothing new, but when you get a minister of such stunning incompetence as our Gavin it gives the concept an extra edge of irony. Most people, given that level of performance, would have struggled to retain their pension rights.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I didn't vote. Not because I couldn't be bothered, but because there wasn't a single party - and particularly a leader - credible enough for me to vote for.
    My voting intention is to spoil my postal vote. I wouldn't bother at all but if I don't return my voting slip, I get bombarded with leaflets and knocks at the door.

This government is unquestionably the worst of all time but Labour is an absolute basket case now.

I didn't vote. Not because I couldn't be bothered, but because there wasn't a single party - and particularly a leader - credible enough for me to vote for.
    I faced a similar dilemma, but such is my loathing for Boris Johnson and his cronies that I decided to vote for the candidate most likely to keep the Tory out in my constituency.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The ‘opposition’ haven’t been in power for 11 years, that’s why they’re called the ‘opposition’.
    And the reason they have stayed in opposition is they have no clear policy and elect poor leaders. Lets face it if Johnson and his rabble can keep winning then it shows what dross the opposition is.

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I faced a similar dilemma, but such is my loathing for Boris Johnson and his cronies that I decided to vote for the candidate most likely to keep the Tory out in my constituency.
    Oh my post disappeared when I tried to edit a typo.

Anyway..

Can understand that Elite. I can't vote for Labour or the Lib Dems until they accept the biological and scientific reality that women exist and have s e x based rights enshrined in the Equality Act. Until they do, and promise to maintain them, frankly, they can eff off.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    And the reason they have stayed in opposition is they have no clear policy and elect poor leaders. Lets face it if Johnson and his rabble can keep winning then it shows what dross the opposition is.
    You mean you believed the press smear campaign against corbyn and their policies at the last election and voted fof a man who lies out his backside for fun and refused to be questioned and hides in a fridge.
    They said there was no money to fund the policies yet there was more than enough to fund BJ and his cronies for poor PPE and failed apps and the exit that is Brexit...x

I can't believe this has turned into a political thread when it was meant to be if the ladies on here would invite Gove into thier boudoir !......

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Having poor leaders and no clear policies could equally if be applied to the Tories. Cameron warned of chaos with Ed Milliband, but it’s hard to imagine the past 6 years being anymore chaotic than what it has been. I agree that electing Corbyn as Labour leader was irresponsible.

Looking forward, If anyone is telling me that they think Starmer would make a worse PM than Johnson or any of the other morons in that cabinet than I’m calling bullsh!t and you deserve everything you get.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Having poor leaders and no clear policies could equally if be applied to the Tories. Cameron warned of chaos with Ed Milliband, but it’s hard to imagine the past 6 years being anymore chaotic than what it has been. I agree that electing Corbyn as Labour leader was irresponsible.

Looking forward, If anyone is telling me that they think Starmer would make a worse PM than Johnson or any of the other morons in that cabinet than I’m calling bullsh!t and you deserve everything you get.
    I agree about the tories but they hold power and if the public think there is nothing better out there (which they obviously do) why change one cr@p party for another.
    Starmer seems a bit of a ditherer who doesn't inspire confidence. The sooner they appoint Andy Burnham as leader the more chance they have of winning imo.
    Last edited by i961pie; 20-09-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast