+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom and Hope?

Doom and Hope?

I'm still absolutely seething from Tuesday, but....

I'm going to try and be positive here.

Chesterfield were in the bottom quarter of the league up until their run last season which saw them make the playoffs.

Sutton didn't particularly start well.

Torquay ran away with the league for a while and then dropped off for a bit.

Dag n Red had a great last 10 game run, as did Notts.

All sorts of weird things happen in this league.

Yes, I know we all expected everything to be a bit more straight forward this season, but have we not learned anything from this league? Look at Stockport and Wrexham, they are currently worse off than us and are favourites for the title.

It's easy to get down and negative about Notts, but a bit of perspective is needed here. If we win that game against Halifax then there's none of this drama flying around. Yes there have been cracks in our play and we have let a lot more goals in than preferred, but we are still a work in progress under IB.

It's so annoying and I understand why people are so pissed off. I'm pissed off too.
    Can we just have a bit more class about us and stop whinging all the time though. It's really boring.

Pissed off but still positive.
    Don't let football define you. Life is bigger and more important.

Bored of reading the same negative posts so at least this might be something different.

COYP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I'm still absolutely seething from Tuesday, but....

I'm going to try and be positive here.

Chesterfield were in the bottom quarter of the league up until their run last season which saw them make the playoffs.

Sutton didn't particularly start well.

Torquay ran away with the league for a while and then dropped off for a bit.

Dag n Red had a great last 10 game run, as did Notts.

All sorts of weird things happen in this league.

Yes, I know we all expected everything to be a bit more straight forward this season, but have we not learned anything from this league? Look at Stockport and Wrexham, they are currently worse off than us and are favourites for the title.

It's easy to get down and negative about Notts, but a bit of perspective is needed here. If we win that game against Halifax then there's none of this drama flying around. Yes there have been cracks in our play and we have let a lot more goals in than preferred, but we are still a work in progress under IB.

It's so annoying and I understand why people are so pissed off. I'm pissed off too.
    Can we just have a bit more class about us and stop whinging all the time though. It's really boring.

Pissed off but still positive.
    Don't let football define you. Life is bigger and more important.

Bored of reading the same negative posts so at least this might be something different.

COYP!!!
    I'm trying not to forget that we dominated 2 games and threw it away in the space of 15 mins...I'm also trying not to forget we had our keeper a 3 key central defenders missing and then one rushed back into the team.
    I'm hoping we are a gnats knackered from sorting out why we capitulate from a position of strength and for IB to turn himself from a promising coach into a successful one it's a conundrum he needs to crack soon .! X

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I'm trying not to forget that we dominated 2 games and threw it away in the space of 15 mins...I'm also trying not to forget we had our keeper a 3 key central defenders missing and then one rushed back into the team.
    I'm hoping we are a gnats knackered from sorting out why we capitulate from a position of strength and for IB to turn himself from a promising coach into a successful one it's a conundrum he needs to crack soon .! X
    Yes, I agree. IB needs to learn fast and not be too stubborn. Ironically the guy who knows this league quite well and has good facilities with and a team of players that know the league.....

Mr. Ardley.

Wouldn't want him at Notts any more but watch this space. A team like Solihull is perfect for him.

Fine margins, ref saw the hands on the goalkeeper for our disallowed goal but missed ignored the hands on our player for the pen, either go our way we win. Still terrible defending though.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Fine margins, ref saw the hands on the goalkeeper for our disallowed goal but missed ignored the hands on our player for the pen, either go our way we win. Still terrible defending though.
    Forgot about those 2 pivotal points aswell....!
    Mind you they only became pivotal because of the joke defending ....

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Good point re the ref decisions, but any team that “defends” like we did for all three goals deserves nothing from a game. It’s remarkable how far their goalscorer runs for the winning goal without a challenge coming in, and how much time and space he has in the penalty area when the ball comes back to him. Anyone would think we were the team playing with 10 men.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Yes, I agree. IB needs to learn fast and not be too stubborn. Ironically the guy who knows this league quite well and has good facilities with and a team of players that know the league.....

Mr. Ardley.

Wouldn't want him at Notts any more but watch this space. A team like Solihull is perfect for him.
    Well as i said on another post, IB to date has not proven to be an upgrade on Ardley, possibly he might be worse, but it should not come as a surprise seeing as IB has no experience , which has been clearly shown in notts falling apart from winning positions in the last few matches, experienced managers see them games out..

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Well as i said on another post, IB to date has not proven to be an upgrade on Ardley, possibly he might be worse, but it should not come as a surprise seeing as IB has no experience , which has been clearly shown in notts falling apart from winning positions in the last few matches, experienced managers see them games out..
    So, Davy, that we can't hold a lead better than a 5 year old with a puppy is purely down to the manager?

IB does have experience even at a higher level.

Ardley lost 90% of all critical games for us he was a complete failure and he has managed in NL but what has he achieved ?

Ardley isnt here now so need to forget him Solihill suits him better as expectations arent so high.

We should be around play off places come the end of season but as we have seen that means nothing

Cant remember Ardley winning away at Yeovil? Am I correct? Anyway, like I said in OP, it will be ups and downs. We're not going to walk this league. We might not even win it or come second. Deal with it. We're a good side, still a working progress. Crazily unpredictable. Lose at home to Woking 4-1 but beat Yeovil away 2-0....???? Total coupon busters.

Enjoy the ride folks x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast