+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- R.I.P. Boycie

O/T:- R.I.P. Boycie

John Challis, best known for his portrayal of Terrance Aubrey Boyce (Boycie) in Only Fools and Horses and The Green Green Grass has died of cancer at the age of 73. Part of a great double act with his on-screen wife Marlene, played by Sue Holderness. R.I.P. Boycie.

Name:  Boycie & Marlene.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  31.3 KB

Apart from Fools and Horses he did a good job of playing a dodgy cad in Benidorm which for my sins I'm a big fan of. Actually watched the episode again last night where he gets married to Joyce Temple-Savage, Burton Joyces very own Sherrie Hewson. Must have seen it a dozen times now but still makes me laugh.

No doubt Trigger will be up there waiting for him with his trusty broom.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Apart from Fools and Horses he did a good job of playing a dodgy cad in Benidorm which for my sins I'm a big fan of. Actually watched the episode again last night where he gets married to Joyce Temple-Savage, Burton Joyces very own Sherrie Hewson. Must have seen it a dozen times now but still makes me laugh.

No doubt Trigger will be up there waiting for him with his trusty broom.
    R.I.P John, always a pleasure to watch any comedy he was in.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...-79/ar-AAOBIwT

Jeez bad day with John Challis and Jimmy Greaves. One of the worst things about getting older is people you’ve been familiar with dying, both those you knew and those you didn’t.

He made a lot of people laugh, R.I.P John

Nice guy, I had the pleasure of spending an evening with him, he had some great anecdotes and a pure Gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Nice guy, I had the pleasure of spending an evening with him, he had some great anecdotes and a pure Gentleman.
    A mate of mine met him on holiday and he even did his great laugh for him

By all accounts John Challis was a great guy as well as a great comedy character actor. I understand he created a very good impression behind the scenes a few years ago when he came to do pantomime in Nottingham. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Me too. Met him after the filming of a couple of Green Green Grass episodes, and a few times at various ComicCon events. Bumped into him at the bar many times afterwards. Ever the gentleman, and full of stories. Will be sadly missed.