+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Odoffin

Odoffin

Where does Odoffin fit into the current starting XI? Early days, but not sure of his role.

Defensive midfield?

Can’t see him getting in side atm tbh

He doesn't at the moment and that's okay. We have a central midfield 4 who are ultra competitive in vying for the 3 midfield spots in the centre of the park. He is behind those at present. He is a makeshift centre back and again he is behind others at present due to other people's performances / ability. Keep training hard, get more and more used to what is wanted from PW and the team and bide your time. Injuries, form and suspension will afford him chances, he just has to be ready to take them and give the manager a selection headache. It's a long season.

Think he might be one for next season in the champ hopefully. We will prob need a sitting midfielder then!

There was a huge deal made when we signed him but like has been said his lack of an impact at the moment is nothing to be alarmed about.I still see him playing a big part this season and in the future its just a shame we haven't seen what he has to offer like Rathbone,who may I state, seems an absolute steal from Rochdale.

Think Warne said when he signed he was quite a bit behind fitness wise probably from playing in what is virtually a pub league I’m sure he’ll get an opportunity at some point like Bola and Reg have

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Think Warne said when he signed he was quite a bit behind fitness wise probably from playing in what is virtually a pub league I’m sure he’ll get an opportunity at some point like Bola and Reg have
    That's a good point about Bola and Reg, uttis, and both of those played superbly well yesterday. Odoffin most definitely looks the part physique wise and will definitely get his chance to shine at some stage.
    It seems like the Fleetwood game gave us a real kick up the a**e and made the players realise that no team can be taken lightly, so hopefully we learn and now keep this momentum going. UTM

Despite all the (usual) whiners I think we have to agree that we had an excellent transfer window. I don't think we should worry about tomorrow's people - it's great that everyone is working out so well that we have a queue and someone has to be at the back (for now).

He,ll get his chance with injuries, suspensions and loss of form to others.
    All will happen so once he gets his chance he will know he will have to do well to keep his place as Tom and Reg have done.
    The bar is set very high at the moment

Has good!