+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley football club

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    Nudger,it doesn’t matter how much money the owners have they can’t go out and spend millions on players because of the Football League rules.They can’t spend more than the club brings in by gate receipts and player sales,otherwise they will end up like Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday with points deduction.So having multi-millionaire owners doesn’t mean much at all.

They maybe allowed to spend money on ground improvements but they will never spend any of their own money on Barnsley Football Club you can be sure of that.They bought the club cheap then buy promising young players cheap to sell on at a profit once developed.Once they have built the club up using their system I think you will find if their system works they will sell the club pocketing the profit and walking away from Barnsley and you will be back where you started.They will have made a lot of money without spending one penny of their own money.All you can hope for is that the team improves enough using their system and have a run in the Premier League.Even then they will only be able to spend what money they receive from gate receipts and tv money so Barnsley FC will never be able to compete with the Premier big boys because they have much bigger stadiums and can charge much more than Barnsley for admission tickets.Some London clubs already charge £100 and over for a match ticket,can you see many people in Barnsley paying £100 for a match ticket? I don’t think so.The owners only bought the club to make money without spending a penny not for the love of football or Barnsley Football Club.Once they have made their profit they will be off and you will be left with “How the hell can we get this club up and running again.

Nudger,it doesn’t matter how much money the owners have they can’t go out and spend millions on players because of the Football League rules.They can’t spend more than the club brings in by gate receipts and player sales,otherwise they will end up like Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday with points deduction.So having multi-millionaire owners doesn’t mean much at all.
    You cannot ! Get a stocking off a bare leg Mr Filey !

They maybe allowed to spend money on ground improvements but they will never spend any of their own money on Barnsley Football Club you can be sure of that.They bought the club cheap then buy promising young players cheap to sell on at a profit once developed.Once they have built the club up using their system I think you will find if their system works they will sell the club pocketing the profit and walking away from Barnsley and you will be back where you started.They will have made a lot of money without spending one penny of their own money.All you can hope for is that the team improves enough using their system and have a run in the Premier League.Even then they will only be able to spend what money they receive from gate receipts and tv money so Barnsley FC will never be able to compete with the Premier big boys because they have much bigger stadiums and can charge much more than Barnsley for admission tickets.Some London clubs already charge £100 and over for a match ticket,can you see many people in Barnsley paying £100 for a match ticket? I don’t think so.The owners only bought the club to make money without spending a penny not for the love of football or Barnsley Football Club.Once they have made their profit they will be off and you will be left with “How the hell can we get this club up and running again.
    ☆☆☆☆☆

Dunt know why yer directing your posts in my direction - it ain’t me that’s running the club.
    However ….. seeing that you are.
    I’ve read the rules regarding football league clubs.
    Owners are not allowed to lend money to the club - but they are allowed to gift money to the club.
    Nothing stopping Chien Lee or any other member of the consortium saying - here’s £50 million.
    But that ain’t going to happen - because the consortium, thank goodness, is here to make money - not lose it.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 21-09-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Dunt know why yer directing your posts in my direction - it ain’t me that’s running the club.
    Owners are not allowed to lend money to the club - but they are allowed to gift money to the club.
    Nothing stopping Chien Lee or any other member of the consortium saying - here’s £50 million.
    But that ain’t going to happen - because the consortium, thank goodness, is here to make money - not lose it.
    They are in negative territory in cost to themselves at the moment, not having paid the money they agreed to pay to buy Barnsley.
    Tha ezzto tek thi hat off to them, Shrewd guys. Clever PR has sucked in the gullible.

Shaws chipoyle gone darnhill in recent months, last 3 fish av ed ev bin ovacooked. That's gerrin em oppun n all!

When tha gets em wrapped a could understand it cos thi fish keeps cookin in steeum when it's wrapped up in paper.

Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    And if you think they are going to give the club a gift of millions you must live on “Fantasy Island” They bought Barnsley FC to make money not play Father Christmas or in their case Santa Claus. Get real Nudger they are not saviours of the club they are only here to make money.I am not getting on to you I am just trying to prove to you that you are wrong in saying things like we can out bid Leeds,Wednesday and others is totally wrong.Even Sheffield Wednesday who are now in the 1st div.if run properly without any transfer embargo’s get more revenue through the gates in a lower division so would be able to out bid us.It would be nice for Father Christmas to visit Oakwell on Christmas Day with loads of money but don’t bank on it.If it does I will volunteer to be stuck on the top of the Christmas tree in front of Barnsley Town Hall.

And if you think they are going to give the club a gift of millions you must live on “Fantasy Island” They bought Barnsley FC to make money not play Father Christmas or in their case Santa Claus. Get real Nudger they are not saviours of the club they are only here to make money.I am not getting on to you I am just trying to prove to you that you are wrong in saying things like we can out bid Leeds,Wednesday and others is totally wrong.Even Sheffield Wednesday who are now in the 1st div.if run properly without any transfer embargo’s get more revenue through the gates in a lower division so would be able to out bid us.It would be nice for Father Christmas to visit Oakwell on Christmas Day with loads of money but don’t bank on it.If it does I will volunteer to be stuck on the top of the Christmas tree in front of Barnsley Town Hall.

There's no disputing that Sheffield Wednesday can generate far more capital through gate receipts and merchandising than we can Filey but on the other hand, we get far more television money for being a championship club. I believe we get around 8 million a season from Sky whilst Wednesday and other league one clubs get just under a million each. That is a big difference.

I'm not saying we can outbid Wednesday regarding transfers but that extra television revenue and the fact we are currently a division higher than them certainly redresses the balance.

Should Wednesday occupy the same division as us then it's obviously no contest.

What yer talking about ???
    You are constantly mis-quoting me.
    Where have I said ‘we can out bid Leeds’?

I don’t want us to be playing that old fashioned game of trying to out bid other clubs.
    Playing the big ballax game.
    That’s for silly foookers to play such as Chansiri and the majority (all?) of the other owners in the Championship.

And yes - I keep saying that this consortium is here to make money.
    And I also said that we should celebrate that fact - because if they weren’t they could easily go down the traditional way of doing things and throw a shed load of money at the club leaving Barnsley with a MOUNTAIN OF DEBT.

So let’s be thankful our owners are managing the club in a different way.
    Because if they make money - then that means that the players have a saleable value - which means they have been successful - and if the team and players are successful then that’s what us supporters want to see.

As players are sold the owners can take a slice while other money is reinvested.
    And as the money is reinvested the squad gets stronger.
    We are just seeing the start of that this season.

I’m not bothered who gets sold because I know that other players will be brought in.
    I’m hoping the next batch to be sold (Styles and Helik?) will generate many £££millions.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast