+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kewell and Searle sacked

When Kewell was at Notts he had the "do you know who I am attitude" don't suppose he's changed

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    When Kewell was at Notts he had the "do you know who I am attitude" don't suppose he's changed
    I am convinced that Hardy wanted Kewell because he was an ex-Liverpool player.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I am convinced that Hardy wanted Kewell because he was an ex-Liverpool player.
    Don't! Just don't m_m , reading your words and believing that you could very well be right hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This. Feel abit sorry for him really, he's always at clubs doing crap and I thought was unlucky at Notts as I think he might have kept us up. I think an assistant role and let his reputation come up abit might be a good idea. He was a good player and probably ends up getting mad at the rubbish he sees from some players at these clubs, calls them out and the players kick off. Easier to sack the manager obviously so off he goes again.
    Well he takes the jobs at these clubs doing crap but perhaps that's his standard nowadays. If he's trying to improve a crap club but can't do it without getting the elbow after alienating players and owners, then perhaps football management isn't the job for him. As you say he might fit into the role of assistant and learn a bit of man management - if his supposed Aussie temperament can stand it.

True Laxton he might just be a crap manager. I bet that's what his wife thinks when he comes back sacked again and probably thinks it's time to go for a different job.

I wish he had stayed with us for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I wish he had stayed with us for the rest of the season.
    So do I. The outcome wouldn't have been any worse.

Feel more sorry for Danny Searle as Aldershot seemed to have turned a corner taking 4 points from their last 2 games which were both away. Previous 5 games were all narrow defeats including the one at Notts which, judging by the commentary, could have easily resulted in a draw.
    HK seemed to do an ok job at Oldham and, let’s face it, was not given sufficient time at Notts (14 fixtures). To only then get half the number of games at Barnet suggests to me the problem may lie with his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Feel more sorry for Danny Searle as Aldershot seemed to have turned a corner taking 4 points from their last 2 games which were both away. Previous 5 games were all narrow defeats including the one at Notts which, judging by the commentary, could have easily resulted in a draw.
    HK seemed to do an ok job at Oldham and, let’s face it, was not given sufficient time at Notts (14 fixtures). To only then get half the number of games at Barnet suggests to me the problem may lie with his personality.
    I don’t really care about his personality most of the players at Notts when he joined needed their arses kicked constantly until they improved or were shipped out, they were like sulking schoolboys but al least they did better with nice Mr Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I don’t really care about his personality most of the players at Notts when he joined needed their arses kicked constantly until they improved or were shipped out, they were like sulking schoolboys but al least they did better with nice Mr Ardley.
    I though HK was doing a reasonable job in isolating the bad attitude players whilst also picking up a few results along the way.

A few of the "big" name players went crying to AH and he sided with the players, which ironically came back to bite him as these players and HK replacement got us relegated!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast