+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portsmouth are having the same problem as us...

What an absolute waste he is wonder how much is in his head and how much is physical

...just glad he left us..........

Absolute Quality is Robbo, but that makes no difference when you cant play 3 or 4 games without being out for a while, and we most certainly know he doesnt play nearly as often as he should. UTM

I was told by someone at the club that Robertson will only play if he feels 100% fit with no niggles whatsoever. I was then reminded of something King Ronnie said (unrelated to Robertson specifically), "the one and only time a professional footballer feels 100% fit and without any niggles whatsoever is on the first day of pre-season."

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I was told by someone at the club that Robertson will only play if he feels 100% fit with no niggles whatsoever. I was then reminded of something King Ronnie said (unrelated to Robertson specifically), "the one and only time a professional footballer feels 100% fit and without any niggles whatsoever is on the first day of pre-season."
    To be fair Grumps more than a few of us commented, myself included, that it was more in Robbo's head with some of the injuries, although he could also just be one of those players who seems to get genuine injuries way more than is normal.
    A top class player when fit, both mentally and physically, but no manager wants players who always seem to have a problem, and we are well rid of him however classy he is. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    To be fair Grumps more than a few of us commented, myself included, that it was more in Robbo's head with some of the injuries, although he could also just be one of those players who seems to get genuine injuries way more than is normal.
    A top class player when fit, both mentally and physically, but no manager wants players who always seem to have a problem, and we are well rid of him however classy he is. UTM
    I agree Ronners. If it is wholly, or even partly, pyschological then it's going to be a real waste of a career because he can play, there's no doubting that.

Sorry for CR - but who'd have guessed it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12