+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ot - Ryder cup

ot - Ryder cup

Doesn't seem too long since our last battle ! The Course Whistling Straits looks quite daunting , A big noisy American crowd awaits our European Team, I'm hoping that the much experienced Europeans can still win this for us , Selections ? I'm not sure we can keep relying on Westwood, Poulter to pull us through ? Harrington has good people alongside him , although that irritant know all commentator from Northern Ireland Mcginley keeps giving his advice/tips , he should keep away from all that and let Padraig crack on in his own way , Hopefully a win , but I fear we may fall well short , not heard anything from the Big House yet re Op !! So hopefully will have a relaxing time watching a great event ,,,, FORE ♥

Looking forrad to it. Starts 1-00pm UK time Friday.

Get them hollering and whooping Yanks put in their place.

This time it's personal---SB-v-Conway (arseoyle)

Think we've top weight on this time .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Looking forrad to it. Starts 1-00pm UK time Friday.

Get them hollering and whooping Yanks put in their place.

This time it's personal---SB-v-Conway (arseoyle)
    your the man , gerrin the ole , arseoyles ! Ittul get tastey thee watch, ooh matron !" Sue the guys if USA lose " Regards Ged Hale ,,,

A dint fancy us but looking at the team thuz plenty of experience who know what it's all abart. If wind gets up it'll perhaps be a leveller. Lookin forrard to it

Well I've had a rethink .

8 of the world's top ten are in the US Ryder Cup team .

However the US team also contains 6 rookies and the Ryder Cup is a totally different animal from anything you've played in before .

Whistling Straits is just about the most European friendly golf course the USGA could have chosen on home soil .

We've a chance .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well I've had a rethink .

8 of the world's top ten are in the US Ryder Cup team .

However the US team also contains 6 rookies and the Ryder Cup is a totally different animal from anything you've played in before .

Whistling Straits is just about the most European friendly golf course the USGA could have chosen on home soil .

We've a chance .

My thoughts too Animal. We're in wi a shart. Heart of hearts I think the Americans will win. Wi that crowd behind em its gonna be difficult for our lads. However, I actually think the crowd coupled with expectations adds pressure to the home team, especially with 6 rookies. I just hope we push them all the way and make Sunday night exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    My thoughts too Animal. We're in wi a shart. Heart of hearts I think the Americans will win. Wi that crowd behind em its gonna be difficult for our lads. However, I actually think the crowd coupled with expectations adds pressure to the home team, especially with 6 rookies. I just hope we push them all the way and make Sunday night exciting.
    Whistling Straits has hosted 3 majors since it opened at the turn of this century .

Ain't an American won one yit .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Whistling Straits has hosted 3 majors since it opened at the turn of this century .

Ain't an American won one yit .
    Mmm, Interesting. As we know though mate, the Ryder Cup isn't all about individual flair is it? It has to be said that the Americans have that individuality and talent in abundance.

Our experience and know-how should play a huge part in the foursomes. That's what I'm looking at. Friday and Saturday morning is where the Ryder Cup could be won and lost for Europe. We need to make that experience count in the foursomes and gain the upper hand in those morning sessions.

Disastrous start by Europe in all honesty. Credit to Garcia and Rahm but we wo outplayed in 3 of the 4 matches and I have no arguments or complaints with the current 3-1 scoreline.

Early days I know but we need to come out of the four balls at least 2-2 this evening. Owt worse and it's probably game ova.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast