+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here We Go Again - Boris Concerned About Energy Companies

Here We Go Again - Boris Concerned About Energy Companies

Boris concerned Energy Companies may go bust ie Gas and the 70% increases in cost will have to be passed to the consumer! Bulb have already asked for a bail out! They deserve to go bust as absolutely s hite!

Can Boris explain how he begrudged paying NHS workers a pathetic 1% payrise and since:

NI Contributions have rocketed!
    Council Tax on average in most areas has increased 3%
    Food has increased considerably
    Energy prices will rocket

So this 1% will most likely end up being minus 5%. Absolutely outrageous!

My view is the minimum wage should substantially increase to around £12 per hour minimum to give an incentive for those to be better off working than having the same money on benefits. In my town no word of a lie - almost every cafe - bar - shop - venue are advertising for staff. The silly c unts can't see it - pay more £12/£15 an hour like we do and you get decent people!!! It's not rocket science. So are bars/cafes telling me shutting early/big queues forming they are not losing far more than paying staff more money! There's a famous venue in our town who are busing staff in from 30 miles away and yes paying travelling time and a decent wage.

Companies ( like some in Leicester ) who pay less than the minimum wage should lose their license to operate - no second chance but closed down with a whopping fine!

Even a lot of the Polish are going home - do you blame them!
    Last edited by baggieal; 20-09-2021 at 06:32 PM.

A bad business model is a bad business model and should never be bailed out.

These p r I c k s weren’t even “hedging” their power, they were paying the “spot rate” which is a recipe for disaster.

When I import my stuff from China I’ve always bought my Dollars months in advance, you have no idea what you can afford to sell to your customers at unless you actually know your fixed cost per item.

Too many chancers with no business sense are allowed to actually be in business.

I’m constantly having to sell against people on Amazon who clearly have no understanding of the amount of money they’re losing on each sale due to being absolutely clueless!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A bad business model is a bad business model and should never be bailed out.

These p r I c k s weren’t even “hedging” their power, they were paying the “spot rate” which is a recipe for disaster.

When I import my stuff from China I’ve always bought my Dollars months in advance, you have no idea what you can afford to sell to your customers at unless you actually know your fixed cost per item.

Too many chancers with no business sense are allowed to actually be in business.

I’m constantly having to sell against people on Amazon who clearly have no understanding of the amount of money they’re losing on each sale due to being absolutely clueless!

Could not agree more with you. Staff are the most valuable asset and when every business is desperate for Labour - why would they offer just the minimum wage? If a business can’t afford to pay staff an extra £3 per hour for example and would rather close - perhaps they should close for good as they are either not operating profitable or are greedy t wats who don’t deserve good staff.

No wonder people are happy to sit on benefits when the minimum wage is too low!

As someone who has no business acumen, even I can work out that if you pay a decent wage you'll attract staff. As someone has already said, it's not 'rocket science!'

I don’t think increasing the wages in particular industry is going to help as this will just move or create problems elsewhere. The bottom line is this, there’s not enough people to do the work.

What if you did increase the wage in the hospitality sector? The consequences of this is that it’ll draw people from other sectors there? How much do you pay per hour to your staff Mick? Those warehouse staff may could be attracted by the higher pay elsewhere? Just an example.
    Also how will the hospitality sector pay for this? Increased prices for food and drink which we the customers have to pay?Then what if that puts you off eating out? What damage will this have if everyone did this. There’s a long term and short term damage as well as needing a short term and long term solution. It’s not as simple as just saying ‘yeah they should increase the wages’, when there’s nobody left to do it. There’s two obvious thing that’s caused this.

How much do we pay for gas compared to rest of Europe? Can someone find out for me?

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I don’t think increasing the wages in particular industry is going to help as this will just move or create problems elsewhere. The bottom line is this, there’s not enough people to do the work.

What if you did increase the wage in the hospitality sector? The consequences of this is that it’ll draw people from other sectors there? How much do you pay per hour to your staff Mick? Those warehouse staff may could be attracted by the higher pay elsewhere? Just an example.
    Also how will the hospitality sector pay for this? Increased prices for food and drink which we the customers have to pay?Then what if that puts you off eating out? What damage will this have if everyone did this. There’s a long term and short term damage as well as needing a short term and long term solution. It’s not as simple as just saying ‘yeah they should increase the wages’, when there’s nobody left to do it. There’s two obvious thing that’s caused this.

How much do we pay for gas compared to rest of Europe? Can someone find out for me?

In my town Regis businesses have to pay more or they don’t get the staff to operate - simple. I would rather pay our staff £15 per hour and get really get decent staff. My choice but lots are following!

I hate the fact where businesses either pocket the tips or are reliant on tips making up staff wages. My view is staff should give a fantastic service as given so why should they expect a tip! Does anyone tip you or me for going the extra mile?

Many on benefits won’t come off them and don’t blame them as the minimum wage is that low they could actually be worse off or working for nothing. I certainly would not reduce benefits as many genuine people would struggle.

I am content at paying £15 per hour and getting really good staff as opposed to the minimum wage and staff are not attracted or leave after two days because of stress and any other
    b ull****!

Famous restaurant in Harrogate called Bettys who are paying for staff to come from Manchester rather than risk closing!!

Sadly Brexit is too blame as many hardworking EU Nationals have gone home! When people voted Brexit because of immigration they did not distinguish between hardworking EU Nationals and illegals from the likes of Syria etc etc. That’s sad! Even many hardworking Polish are leaving which is sad!
    Last edited by baggieal; 22-09-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post

You are absolutely correct.

These are loose figures, but I read somewhere there are now almost 1 million job vacancies. I remember reading at the turn of the year there was around 300k claiming job seekers allowance (these figures may have changed post Brexit). Spot the difference.

And the issue with the jobs that are needed most is that they don't fit with work-life balance. How many young kids want to live in the middle of nowhere picking fruit in somewhere like Lincolnshire, how many young people want to give up their evenings and weekends working in hospitality. How many young people want to spend their nights sleeping in a truck and their days driving around the country. Regardless of pay, these jobs are just not attractive to young people in this country.

One thing I hope Brexit will teach people, is that we rely on and need working immigrants for this country to function. Europeans were generally brilliant at doing these types of jobs, because they came here motivated for work. We basically stuck two fingers up to them with our Brexit vote.

As for gas, again I don't know the exact figures, but I know we are paying far higher than many other EU countries.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    s too blame as many hardworking EU Nationals have gone home! When people voted Brexit because of immigration they did not distinguish between hardworking EU Nationals and illegals from the likes of Syria etc etc. That’s sad! Even many hardworking Polish are leaving which is sad!
    This is why the Leave vote was so effective.

They blurred the lines between immigration. Who can remember Farage standing in front of a billboard with immigrants on a boat and 'Breaking Point' written on it. He and the Leave vote basically conned people and played on their emotional fears, to the detriment of where the country is now.

I do hope people who voted leave hold people like Farage responsible for his deceit.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    This is why the Leave vote was so effective.

They blurred the lines between immigration. Who can remember Farage standing in front of a billboard with immigrants on a boat and 'Breaking Point' written on it. He and the Leave vote basically conned people and played on their emotional fears, to the detriment of where the country is now.

I do hope people who voted leave hold people like Farage responsible for his deceit.
    As Reagan said "welfare is the problem & not the solution"

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    As Reagan said "welfare is the problem & not the solution"
    Well you're in luck then because our Govt cares about nobody's welfare apart from their own.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)