+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: v Hibs (h) LC

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yes, when he scored. Seeing as I'm right at the front he got the middle finger from me. ��
    well done Terry - he should have a think about why he is still playing in Scotland as he has no where near fulfilled his potential illness or not. Cant stand players doing that but i suppose we have given him large at times.

Strange game that, left feeling better than I had after some wins, most Arabs leaving were on a high it was very odd, obviously not happy we lost but hibs were very lucky last night overall, anything that could go for them did, we were the best side for most of second half and the middle twenty mins of the first half

Gifted an early goal with the error from Carson, after that took 10-15 mins to regroup, should have scored through Pawlett/Edwards, their only foray upfield of note from the first goal they score, good technique from Allan but kinda fortunate how it fell to them after good defending from Fuchs/Edwards

Then the idiot Collum decides to affect the outcome of the game with the joke of a decision, never a pen, second half was all United, and our goal was excellent all the way from Carson, worked well between a few players, second goal looked OK to me, another joke decision

The chance to atleast take it to extra time was taken from us by terrible officiating, it is what it is, no negative feeling leaving the stadium about the manager or team, deserved to be applauded off, hopefully the injuries are minor

Very good performances from some players, especially McMann, Fuchs, Harkes and Levitt

Sunday is a free hit then we have County home then a wee break before Hibs away (a game we can win)

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Strange game that, left feeling better than I had after some wins, most Arabs leaving were on a high it was very odd, obviously not happy we lost but hibs were very lucky last night overall, anything that could go for them did, we were the best side for most of second half and the middle twenty mins of the first half

Gifted an early goal with the error from Carson, after that took 10-15 mins to regroup, should have scored through Pawlett/Edwards, their only foray upfield of note from the first goal they score, good technique from Allan but kinda fortunate how it fell to them after good defending from Fuchs/Edwards

Then the idiot Collum decides to affect the outcome of the game with the joke of a decision, never a pen, second half was all United, and our goal was excellent all the way from Carson, worked well between a few players, second goal looked OK to me, another joke decision

The chance to atleast take it to extra time was taken from us by terrible officiating, it is what it is, no negative feeling leaving the stadium about the manager or team, deserved to be applauded off, hopefully the injuries are minor

Very good performances from some players, especially McMann, Fuchs, Harkes and Levitt

Sunday is a free hit then we have County home then a wee break before Hibs away (a game we can win)
    Good summary cheers Shedka

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Ye,good summary and just to add that I was quite amazed at how few people left at half time at 3-0 down and I think the team appreciated that at full time .......we don't do fire drills.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Sorry but have to disagree, time and time again Fuchs, Pawlett, Levitt, Harkes and even the full backs couldn't pass to McNulty or Clark because these 2 don't make themselves available, the only players the full backs and midfield could pass to was to each other, they had to rely on one of themselves to make the run and find space.

It seems Clark and McNulty are above making the runs into space Shanks did, their work off the ball is shocking, they're waiting to be served on a plate, in fact to me they are very selfish and most certainly have no presence.

This is the problem here not the midfield
    I agree with you. We need far more movement from the strikers. McNulty seems to wany to receive the ball under pressure, so he can beat his marker, turn and shoot. But the problem is that every defence in the league know he's the danger man for us, and he's often receiving the ball surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders.

Both McNulty and Clark need to be a bit more clever up front.

Another wee thing that I'd like to see from our striker is to bear down on the keeper at every opportunity. Noel Hunt did this job brilliantly. The Hibs keeper was there to be harried last night, but it didn't happen.

So a bit of work on the training ground required perhaps?

Like you, I don't blame the midfield last night. Neither am I blaming Carson for the early goal ( although Benji may well have saved it) as the defence were sleeping and should have never have let that situation arise.

100% Carson should have done better at that first goal. Beat at his near post. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    100% Carson should have done better at that first goal. Beat at his near post. ��
    Agree. Terrible start to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Sorry but have to disagree, time and time again Fuchs, Pawlett, Levitt, Harkes and even the full backs couldn't pass to McNulty or Clark because these 2 don't make themselves available, the only players the full backs and midfield could pass to was to each other, they had to rely on one of themselves to make the run and find space.

It seems Clark and McNulty are above making the runs into space Shanks did, their work off the ball is shocking, they're waiting to be served on a plate, in fact to me they are very selfish and most certainly have no presence.

This is the problem here not the midfield
    Theres were many times when mcnulty WAS making himself available and it simply was not seen. I don't think he is the answer but he is not getting the service either.

On another note. Fuchs is the man. He's the best player we have had in years. He wins almost every header despite being about 5 foot tall. What a laddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    well done Terry - he should have a think about why he is still playing in Scotland as he has no where near fulfilled his potential illness or not. Cant stand players doing that but i suppose we have given him large at times.
    To be fair to the boy I was right behind the action & I didn't feel 'goaded' in the slightest.
    Wasn't much more than a 'YES!'
    What's he meant to do given that he gets boo-ed by many every time he touched the ball.

I don't have any issue with him doing it, as you say he gets enough stick from us, but if he does he's getting some back from me. 🙂

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)