+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: v Hibs (h) LC

v Hibs (h) LC

ok, so on we go to a Thursday night clash v the Hibees in the Premiership Sports Cup.
    Don't care what they call it I still want to win it. Will always be the League Cup. And a Hampden semi is the prize.

There's a feelgood factor around Tannadice, you can see the players are playing for TC.

The Hibs have had an up and down start. We need to get right in their faces from the off, settle and play our football on the deck. Looking forward to seeing this on the telly with a beer or two.

ok surely Freeman has nailed a start.
    433 is a bit bold but let's go for it and get the game won by half time 😁
    And... if we're going to get the best out of Niskanen we need to get the ball to feet.

Benji
    Freeman Edwards Mulgrew McMann
    Fuchs Levitt Pawlett
    McNulty Clark Niskanen

Or for the fearties
    Benji
    Fuchs Butcher Levitt Pawlett
    Niskanen McNulty

I'm feeling lucky and I feel a performance coming on so it's the 433 for me

This is an extremely winnable tie. Not saying that we will, but we definitely have a chance here.

I’ve a sneaking feeling that we are destined to play Funny FC at Hampden in the semis………………………………….

Hibs will no doubt go with their 4231 so we need to be able to stop their front four and get in behind them on the break. 433/451 when necessary.

Siegrist
    Fuchs Levitt Harkes
    Niskanen McNulty Pawlett

We are due a win over Hibs but that doesn't mean much, they are a resilient side and don't lose many, we will need to defend well and take our chances, if we do then could be a long night including extra time

I hope ticket sales pick up, we only have 6150 to still, if we can get 5000 arabs buying tickets that would be a decent effort given the quick turnaround

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Hibs will no doubt go with their 4231 so we need to be able to stop their front four and get in behind them on the break. 433/451 when necessary.

Siegrist
    Fuchs Levitt Harkes
    Niskanen McNulty Pawlett
    Probably better than my 433!

Massive risk to do it but who dares wins.
    C'mon United ☠ 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We are due a win over Hibs but that doesn't mean much, they are a resilient side and don't lose many, we will need to defend well and take our chances, if we do then could be a long night including extra time

I hope ticket sales pick up, we only have 6150 to still, if we can get 5000 arabs buying tickets that would be a decent effort given the quick turnaround
    just added 3

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    just added 3
    Good stuff

2300 sold, 3800 left to fill the bottom tiers

Hibs look they will sell fair play and some of jerry kerr so will be a decent atmosphere If we can fill the ETL and most of the GFL

Good stuff

2300 sold, 3800 left to fill the bottom tiers

Hibs look they will sell fair play and some of jerry kerr so will be a decent atmosphere If we can fill the ETL and most of the GFL
    They could sell more if they allowed those on the shielding list to sit in their own seats in the top tier,i was very very uncomfortable in the lower tier of the ET stand v The Rangers it was the unsafest bubble i have ever been in.

That's still not enough reason for the overall poor sales so far for a cup QF with good pricing at home to Hibs

Team deserve a good turnout, hopefully just a lot of last minute ones given the very efficient online ticketing system we have

That's still not enough reason for the overall poor sales so far for a cup QF with good pricing at home to Hibs

Team deserve a good turnout, hopefully just a lot of last minute ones given the very efficient online ticketing system we have
    Well, I'm one of the boys that couldn't afford £30 for the derby nor afford to renew my season ticket this year. So, I was down getting my ticket for £18 today. Not often I can afford to attend thesedays, so this will be my 1st physical attendance for some time now.

I cant wait to get back to a game and am really looking forward to it.

Pretty sure we will sell out the lower teirs.

I miss the days where guys would just decide to go to the match on the day and roll up to pay at the turnstyle.

I'm not a big fan of modern ticketing processes at football. Think the whole process is a bit off-putting.

Okay, I am a dinosaur, I admit it.

Nevertheless, mon the Terrors on Thurday, I cannot actually remember the last time we actually beat Hibs. Can anyone tell me?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)