+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Connolly

Connolly

Rumours elsewhere that he's agreed a contract termination.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Fair enough. Wasn't ever going to be first pick. Two years left on his contract though. F*ck me, talk about throwing money away. Bizarre decision to give him a contract extension at the time and even moreso now. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    happy with that, he's 4 choice CB for me Edwards, Mulgrew and Reynolds all better and calmer

we seen how much better we were defensively in the championship we were when he was out and Watson played, that was a massive part in us winning the league

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Bizarre decision to give him a contract extension at the time
    dont think anyone agreed with it mate, terrible decision

I have nothing against Connolly at all. Did his best when he was in the team, has backed the club throughout his time here. Seems like a decent fella and wish him well for the future. The contract extension is on the club.

Always gave his all and for that he gets my respect. Not the best we've had but certainly not the worst either.

Good luck with the rest of your career Mark and thanks for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    dont think anyone agreed with it mate, terrible decision
    Signed a month after MM was in the door so we can't blame the previous manager for this one imo. Chat is we've paid him off which makes it an even worse decision.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    happy with that, he's 4 choice CB for me Edwards, Mulgrew and Reynolds all better and calmer
    And you can put Kerr Smith, Lewis Neilson and, if it came to it, even Butcher and Scott McMann ahead of him now. Right decision for all concerned. Was wrong one though to extend in the first place. Absolutely lunatic.

I really like Connolly the man, but not so much the player. He gives his all every time he has wears the shirt and would leave as a player who helped us get back where we belong. For me though, when he plays the team never looks calm, erratic decisions are made by him and the players around him, I always thought he brought out the worst in Reynolds. Reynolds looked much better beside Watson. A perfect example is the 6-2 derby which changed the momentum in our favour the instant he went off due to Butcher going to CH and settling us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Always gave his all and for that he gets my respect. Not the best we've had but certainly not the worst either.

Good luck with the rest of your career Mark and thanks for your efforts.
    Definitely echo that.

He gives a lot on and off the pitch - always committed to the United cause

Had to be right though that others are ahead of him and best for all concerned if he has chance to play elsewhere.

I think freeman can play CB as well as the other obvious candidates who are ahead of Connolly now in pecking order

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)