+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Sellick

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The roof of the shed is relieved. ��

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    A few difficult moments in that 90, only to be expected when you consider the millions they've paid for their players.

But.. that is the most complete 90 minutes I have seen from a United side in years. Far better than the win in the Cup at Pittodrie because that was the worst Sheep side in memory.

Every aspect of our game yesterday was excellent. The shape, the bravery on and off the ball, the quality of the passing, the drive, passion, energy and commitment. I'm still buzzing from it, been waiting a long time to see that. Absolutely beautiful. Only one point but what a point. Well done everyone at Tannadice.

Yeah. I think the one big change that seems to be happening. We are moving towards St Johnstone levels of being organised and competent. It is the flair that is missing but some good signs. Levitt is the type of player we have been crying out for one that spray passes about. It was also good to see Mickelson getting an assist. So 2 potentially good additions to the area of pitch it was needed. its just a pity we didn't strengthen up top. The lack of goals could be what stops us from moving up a level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    We would have won the league already with Paul as it seems he is better than Messi now.

I miss how he was like a wind up twiddler who spins out of control and eventually simply stops. I cant believe how he has improved so much and got Dundee top of the league. Baffling we need to look at our coaching - think how many goals ours strikers would have missed with his deathly precise crossing and end product that he has suddenly obtained.
    Pep calls him the coiled spring.Here he is unleashed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=zebe...0FOjXcxFbvHQuM

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Pep calls him the coiled spring.Here he is unleashed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=zebe...0FOjXcxFbvHQuM
    how we regret.... Je ne regrette rien - drôle comme **** you dumb ****s

mmm - that simply says - The Dees are in bed, the Dees are in bed, they said better than all the rest, only in their heads
    Last edited by Shedboy1971; 28-09-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Not really seen it mentioned too much but I thought the Flying Finn was excellent on Sunday and definitely showed (probably for the first time TBH) why we were so keen to get him in. Thought he was unfortunate to be subbed but maybe exertions caught up with him. Definite signs of promise there though.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Not really seen it mentioned too much but I thought the Flying Finn was excellent on Sunday and definitely showed (probably for the first time TBH) why we were so keen to get him in. Thought he was unfortunate to be subbed but maybe exertions caught up with him. Definite signs of promise there though.
    There is a player in there alright, just needs to realise he probably can fly past most full backs in this league. Once he gets up to speed he will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    There is a player in there alright, just needs to realise he probably can fly past most full backs in this league. Once he gets up to speed he will be fine
    He's definitely got pace to burn and can play on either flank.

I look forward to seeing him acclimatise to the game here and exploiting his talent for United.

Look at the way Edwards has flourished since settling in? The guy is an absolute rock at the back. Offers a threat up front at set pieces too. Although, not as deadly as 'Streaky'.

Getting back to Niskanen, I think he will chip in with a goal here and there too. There are signs of him knowing what he's doing in and around the 18 yard box. Promising.

He's brilliant on Youtube

To be fair, when he gets the break of the ball for the goal, the first thing he does is look up (unlike you know who) to see who was available, and promptly drives the ball straight at Harkes's napper. That is all we ask

Played very well, but did have lots of space to run into at times. The benefits of playing a team like Celtic who attack more than they defend and leave gaps at the back. Credit to him for being able to exploit that however. Very encouraging. Here's hoping it continues.

Will do his confidence good to get the assist, was glad to see Sporle come on second half, one of my favourite players and offers something different

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)