+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sellick

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I know I say this every week, but how ****ing good is Kerr Smith. 16 years old!
    Really good when not exposed as a full back. Great performance from him today wouldn't have a problem with him in any centre back partnership. Doesn't hide either, which is great to see. I bet a few will be surprised today to find out his age.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Alongside Edwards he was outstanding.

McMann worked like a trojan (they all did) closed space and made some great interceptions.
    Freeman struggled a bit with Jota, couldn't get close enough to stop crosses, but also worked his nuts off.
    Brilliant stuff, great to hear. Cheers Stoke 👍

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Pat Bonner

Former Celtic goalkeeper on BBC Sportsound

Quote Message: It should have been a penalty, quite clearly. There was no attempt to play the ball, it was a push in the back when Nicky Clark could have been one-on-one with Joe Hart.
    It should have been a penalty, quite clearly. There was no attempt to play the ball, it was a push in the back when Nicky Clark could have been one-on-one with Joe Hart.

Article Reactions
    Like93 likes93Dislike38 dislikes38
    Article share tools
    ..and would have meant a red card and a penalty! No chance the ref was ever gonna make that decision at a full parkhead with no away support. My question is, if it wasn't a foul..then surely it was a dive and should have been a yellow card for Clark?

Just a thought on Niskanen. I think he was genuinely shocked at the pace of the derby and the ping pong first 45 where he couldn't make an impact but he had a decent 60 minutes today obviously enjoyed seeing the ball to feet. Hopefully will continue to improve our attacking stats.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    ..and would have meant a red card and a penalty! No chance the ref was ever gonna make that decision at a full parkhead with no away support. My question is, if it wasn't a foul..then surely it was a dive and should have been a yellow card for Clark?
    Well no, not if a ref judges the contact to be fair play and the opposing player was knocked to the ground by a fair challenge.

But it wasn't. Even Bonner agrees it was a stonewaller. Sickening tbh.

Rode our luck today.but he has got some fight into the team. Hope it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Harkes like everyone else played well today but he hasn't been as good as you make him out to have been. Struggled in Paisley and goal aside in the derby he wasn't that great in that game either. Credit where its due though he was very good today.
    I’m with you and Stoke, he had a great game today, decent against Dundee, but been Schite before that, and shedka blethering as usual!

Edited to add:
    I’ve been a critic of both Pawlett and Harkes, but they appear to have “upped their game” and now delivering what is expected of them!
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 26-09-2021 at 05:41 PM.

I'm hoping we can pick up minimum 6 points from the next 4 games. If so then that would be us halfway to safety after the first round of games and in with a good chance of top 6. Early days I know but I'm very encouraged, just a pity we are so light up front though 😕

Well done TC and the team. Chalk and Cheese from last season (which I would say was the worst in terms of entertainment I have witnessed). This team are certainly having a go. Well done again.

Having watched our highlights and now watching Hibs highlights I've decided referees can just **** the **** right ****ing off! Absolutely pathetic decisions today favouring teams in green and white.

Referees ought to be subject to retrospective bans as well as ****ing players.

Well done Tam and the boys, ****ing earned that today. PTBAA and FTD!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)