+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Safe standing at the Lane?

Safe standing at the Lane?

Yes or no at the lane if standing makes a comeback?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts66 View Post
    I'd much prefer it, but I'm not sure where it could be. The Kop gradient might be too steep if I remember rightly

It's a NO from me,I'm afraid I've been spoilt and have got used to sitting down.Back in the day it would have been a definite yes.
    I'm not sure it is a viable economic option for us as a club,if I'm not mistaken doesnt it involve fitting quite a bit of expensive kit to facilitate the safe standing?

I hate standing quite frankly, if you're quite small, there is no chance of seeing a game if someone tall is in front of you

In favour, sort of, I broke my ankle thirty years ago and cannot put too much weight on it still. I much prefer to sit in the kop where I imagine is where the standing area will be, I don't much fancy sitting in the Pavis so what do I do?

If the kop could be divided so to allow standing at the front and sitting at the back then that's what I'd vote for.

There's a bunch of idiots at away games who continually stand in the seated areas blocking peoples view. A designated standing area for these morons would be great..

A definite yes for me.

We are not talking about the whole stadium! Just an area or two where those who prefer it can go. Choice....

It just feels more natural, particularly in winter to be standing - somehow you don't seem to get as cold.

Imagine conversion to safe standing could be quite expensive, but it could be done in bite-size chunks.

I am in favour - but pretty sure it will be a whole lot more sanitised than back in the day. The bloke next to you is not likely to be pi##ing in your pocket halfway thro the first half

Yes. I always stood on County Road. It was never the same again when they forced us to sit down. If it was re-introduced at Notts I expect it would only be behind one of the goals though.
    The Kop shouldn't be a problem, "Safe standing" is having a rail directly in front of you as well as one directly behind you, so there's no chance of anybody tumbling down the terraces, however steep.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yes. I always stood on County Road. It was never the same again when they forced us to sit down. If it was re-introduced at Notts I expect it would only be behind one of the goals though.
    The Kop shouldn't be a problem, "Safe standing" is having a rail directly in front of you as well as one directly behind you, so there's no chance of anybody tumbling down the terraces, however steep.
    Mate, what's the alternative site for UTM? The Carousel one needs 50p sticking in the meter again

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast