+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most influential loan players

Most influential loan players

The likelihood of us bringing in someone on loan set me wondering. Who would you say had the most impact during their time at Notts?

Guess Jack Grealish was one of the best, how much difference did he make to our season?

I'd put forward Russell Hoult for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    The likelihood of us bringing in someone on loan set me wondering. Who would you say had the most impact during their time at Notts?

Guess Jack Grealish was one of the best, how much difference did he make to our season?

I'd put forward Russell Hoult for starters.
    Glenn Roeder.

In the 2000's -
    Ryan Yates, George Grant.
    Jack Grealish, Cullum Mcgregor, Matt Ritchiie

80's- Glenn Roeder

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Pie View Post
    In the 2000's -
    Ryan Yates, George Grant.
    Jack Grealish, Cullum Mcgregor, Matt Ritchiie

80's- Glenn Roeder
    This really although I went first in 1987 when I was 5 so can't really comment on Roeder.

Glen (sign him up sign him up) Roeder was just a very good player. who we should have signed but ………,.,

Brett (one greedy b@stard) Angell was also a great loan signing and could have a great signing but ………
    Last edited by forwardmagpie; 21-09-2021 at 08:54 AM.

influential for the wrong reason(s), but a certain martin kuhl affected our fortunes in the mid-nineties.....

Gary Chapman,

Kick started our season that became the first of a double promotion to the top flight. Did sod all else after we signed him permanently, but god bless the fella.

I'd say Ryan Yates was possibly the most influential. I think that we would have had a good chance of promotion if he had stayed for the full season, because our form dipped after he left. None more so than Jorge Grant, who became a shadow of the player he was with Yates there.

Jeff Whitley was hugely influential when we desperately needed him for one of the great escapes.

Not sure about influential but memory tells me one of the most impressive was Colin Foster. Absolute monster at the back, won everything in the air and looked a level above.

Well that's what my memory tells me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Gary Chapman,

Kick started our season that became the first of a double promotion to the top flight. Did sod all else after we signed him permanently, but god bless the fella.
    Yes I was about to say the same thing.

That diving header against I think Tranmere.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast