+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Fulham - v - Leeds United ***EFL 3rd Round***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    I wasn't referring to you or your battles with WTF was referring to someone else. I never said he was innocent either more or less stating people get pushed too far sometimes and say bad things and don't I know it and feel ashamed even posting here.
    In my case, if someone says something about me I will fight back. WTF or anyone else for that matter will do the same which in turn whilst angered can turn ugly.
    I recall you mentioned my problem is going over and over and over the same thing eg Roberts and I can I don't deny that but whilst he keeps getting games and plays like he does I will keep commenting or any other player. I'm defending KIKO FFS cause the guy didn't have the best of it with us but now is playing like his reputation before coming here. I was defending Bamf in the championship when everyone turned on him and got blasted for that.
    Like anyone else, I have my opinions and others have there's doesn't make me right or them wrong.
    PS dementia tends to make you repeat things as you don't recall saying it already maybe it is a problem but I can not control that should that make me a bad person?
    Mate, I'm not even sure why you twisted this around to insinuate I was having a dig at you? 😮 I thought our exchanges above were amicable opinion sharing...albeit differing! ☺

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Mate, I'm not even sure why you twisted this around to insinuate I was having a dig at you? �� I thought our exchanges above were amicable opinion sharing...albeit differing! ☺
    Lol I didn't say you were having a dig you asked questions on injuries eg you said we must have eight injuries the way I was talking and pointed it out. You even mentioned Klitch when he was playing
    The other one on WTF I wasn't talking about you like I said it is about another poster
    Don't know what I said to make you think I'm peed off with you.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I said no more from me, but felt I had (yes, had) to correct what is obviously a misconception on your part (and possibly others)

I "found something to have a go about" BEFORE Gelhardt took his penalty, but after Dallas and Forshaw missed theirs, as that footage was being shown on Sky sports news, which I could watch. You will note I made comment about not caring what the result was in the first post I submitted on this matter, and the result wasn't known at that time.

I stand by every word I posted, including the pleasure from knowing that the youngsters had performed well (in certain positions better than the players who are the usual occupiers), but particularly the sequencing of the penalties. The senior players were used at a stage in the penalty shootout where a miss would not necessarily lead to a loss, as proved to be the case. The "junior" players were placed in a position where their single kick of the ball WOULD lead to loss or success. Not sure what it is so difficult to grasp the differing significance of that, not about taking penalties, its when they get taken.

"Blooding" players in cup competitions isn't anything new, and as I say, the performance reported/seen by the likes of Cresswell and Shackleton prove that they are due 1st team time (if Firpo can go straight into the 1st team with NO English league time at all then Cresswell deserves similar treatment), but doing so in a sudden death penalty taking situation is neither fair nor sensible. We were fortunate that the lads held their nerve and (in Gelhardts position for sure) nearly broke the back of the net, well done, but no-one who has criticised me for my position on the matter has had the courtesy to respond to my question regarding what might have happened (and could have been entirely avoided had the youngsters been used in the initial penalty taking sequence), had they missed (as Tich so helpfully points out, anyone can miss a penalty).

(Oh, and please don't tell me anyone took my comment about guaranteeing there would be no youngsters used seriously (albeit that no-one took me up on the offer of standing a £5 on it))

Last but not least, when have I called you or anyone else a f00kwit or an idiot even (that latter being quite mild even if true!) since I made it clear name-calling was in the past?
    Fair enough if name calling is in the past - happy days!!

Firpo is a bit different to the youngsters as he played and was superb for Betis before his less successful stay at Barca - as such he has too league experience and is older. I still think there is a cracking player waiting to be discovered and he is playing in a new system with a back four that through injuries chops and changes. Need to give him at least half a season I would have thought until any real conclusions can be drawn.

He has shown he is very good going forward so let’s see how the other side of the game develops.

Wonder if Forshaw will see more game time as whilst he wasn’t at his best for obvious reasons having an experienced CM in the middle meant we had better shape just through him knowing the role. That is the area that needs sorting out and brilliant as Dallas is at filling in everywhere he is not a natural CM and looks a little knackered/off form at the moment. If Forshaw does play the 8 role more then it may allow Rodrigo to flourish more as a 10 - hey ho time will tell. It also meant we played a bit higher up the pitch as Forshaw knows where to be.

Dallas's best mate who he grew up with in Cookstown passed away recently. Might be affecting him a little.

Still, looking at all the messages, all I can say is, its a good fkin job we won.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    You just can't hold it together, can you! Having a dig at someone even though your message was going good and honest moments.
    Let me quote you on something that individual has been saying all along since you brought it up. How many f injuries do we have? How many players could have played? How big a squad do we have? Finally who else could he have played? You very well know that if we had a full team those kids would not have seen the light of day just as when it happens with Meslier And Pat.
    Get yourself together Lad stop attacking people because you are a better person looking at the most part of that post.
    Cheers some flog from ozland.
    The irony lol!!

Simply pointing out that we got a decent result away in London and included 2 of our under 23's in the initial line up, and brought anotherb 2 on - all of whom did a decent job, and couldn't understand the griping about it.

Didn't mention anyone by name - and certainly not you
    So why the dig at me??

No, sorry just don't answer, leave it alone .

I guess I'll slam the players from the game observation. Not the intent but if you point out what you see and it's viewed as knocking a player so be it. One game observation only

Cresswell is better than Cooper
    Rodrigo is better up front without Roberts
    James is better than Harrison (although Harrison is very good)
    Joffo is better than Roberts
    Firpo is getting better
    Phillips is just very, very good and versatile
    Somerville is better than Costa

Fulham is very good. They will win the division this year. that was a quality win regardless of it being a championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I guess I'll slam the players from the game observation. Not the intent but if you point out what you see and it's viewed as knocking a player so be it. One game observation only

Cresswell is better than Cooper
    Rodrigo is better up front without Roberts
    James is better than Harrison (although Harrison is very good)
    Joffo is better than Roberts
    Firpo is getting better
    Phillips is just very, very good and versatile
    Somerville is better than Costa

Fulham is very good. They will win the division this year. that was a quality win regardless of it being a championship team.
    Sounds about right 🙃 would only add Shackleton may be the answer as to who to play in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Dallas's best mate who he grew up with in Cookstown passed away recently. Might be affecting him a little.

Still, looking at all the messages, all I can say is, its a good fkin job we won.
    Hows yer botty billy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Hows yer botty billy?
    Oh it’s fine. Andrew took his teeth out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    The irony lol!!

Simply pointing out that we got a decent result away in London and included 2 of our under 23's in the initial line up, and brought anotherb 2 on - all of whom did a decent job, and couldn't understand the griping about it.

Didn't mention anyone by name - and certainly not you
    So why the dig at me??

No, sorry just don't answer, leave it alone .
    then complaining when we do about sums a certain poster up - switches his argument to suit the complaint he wants to make.
    So you didn't say that hey I must have dreamed it up.
    And for my thoughts on the game I praised Creswell Summer Messier Phillips and was a little critical with our so called superstars. Eg Roberts Rod been good but his finishing well was out of this world.
    But don't just read proper just make up crap as you like that is your norm.
    I wasn't going to respond proper and was just going to say F you but thought better and in so trying to educate you a little.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)