+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alex Mowatt

Alex Mowatt

Its good to see Alex Mowatt doing so well since he moved on from us, another worldy last night as he continues to shine , when he played for us he always gave is all & was a class act & with out a doubt he is one of the key reasons we have gone down hill since he left, quality always takes some replacing & sadly we have nobody at the club presently who comes close to him yet there were a lot of fans who used to slate him , saying he was too slow , move him on , Styles is better etc etc etc , I used to shake my head & wonder why do Barnsley fans always slag our better players ? , mark my words the same will happen with Woodrow , the critics will eventually drive him out & we will lose another quality player who will prove it at another club.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Its good to see Alex Mowatt doing so well since he moved on from us, another worldy last night as he continues to shine , when he played for us he always gave is all & was a class act & with out a doubt he is one of the key reasons we have gone down hill since he left, quality always takes some replacing & sadly we have nobody at the club presently who comes close to him yet there were a lot of fans who used to slate him , saying he was too slow , move him on , Styles is better etc etc etc , I used to shake my head & wonder why do Barnsley fans always slag our better players ? , mark my words the same will happen with Woodrow , the critics will eventually drive him out & we will lose another quality player who will prove it at another club.
    It is good to see him doing well Shadrack. I do think he's slow but he makes up for this with his work rate and his reading of the game. I hope he continues his good form at West Brom.
    Regarding Woodrow, I also agree that he's a good player and has shown loyalty in staying with us when others probably wouldn't have. He's not my choice for captain but otherwise I'm pleased to have him in our squad.
    Interesting that Kane played the majority of the game last night for Oxford and appears to have been playing most games so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    It is good to see him doing well Shadrack. I do think he's slow but he makes up for this with his work rate and his reading of the game. I hope he continues his good form at West Brom.
    Regarding Woodrow, I also agree that he's a good player and has shown loyalty in staying with us when others probably wouldn't have. He's not my choice for captain but otherwise I'm pleased to have him in our squad.
    Interesting that Kane played the majority of the game last night for Oxford and appears to have been playing most games so far.
    You are right about Kane & I know the Oxford fans are well pleased with him but unfortunately he has not had the best of luck with injuries & I also think that last seasons style of play bypassed Kane"s usual role within a team but he certainly never got a run in the team & I am surprised that with Schopps style he did not get a chance under him but hopefully he will return & go on to be a valuable asset for the club . I do not think he has been treated fairly yet there is still time for a happy ending .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    You are right about Kane & I know the Oxford fans are well pleased with him but unfortunately he has not had the best of luck with injuries & I also think that last seasons style of play bypassed Kane"s usual role within a team but he certainly never got a run in the team & I am surprised that with Schopps style he did not get a chance under him but hopefully he will return & go on to be a valuable asset for the club . I do not think he has been treated fairly yet there is still time for a happy ending .
    Yes Shadrack, I totally agree that Kane was not suited to last season's style of play and like you, I'm surprised he's not been given a chance this season as I would have thought, what I've heard of this season's playing style, it would have suited him down to the ground. Makes me wonder what's gone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Yes Shadrack, I totally agree that Kane was not suited to last season's style of play and like you, I'm surprised he's not been given a chance this season as I would have thought, what I've heard of this season's playing style, it would have suited him down to the ground. Makes me wonder what's gone off.
    He'd bedded his cousin and had a love child called Debbie.

He doesn't play for us anymore end of

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    He'd bedded his cousin and had a love child called Debbie.
    Good to hear that ponte lol

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    He doesn't play for us anymore end of
    He doesn't, but it gives us a good indication of what we're missing.