+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 60th anniversary v Crewe Saturday KO 3pm

60th anniversary v Crewe Saturday KO 3pm

Hope scanners are working.

Millers to commemorate 60th anniversary of League Cup final appearance at this weekend's game with Crewe

We'll be paying tribute to our 1960/61 legends with a special edition of the New York Way this Saturday

Special programme will be out £3

Be there or be square 😉

https://t.co/Z8yjs72Wjt?amp=1

Manager David Artell

They played 4-3-3 last night, had better stats than Morecambe and lost

Obviously Warney and co will know this but I’m thinking a tighter game than what I originally thought
    Still I’ll go 3-0 hatrick? 😉

We will have to be on our guard in defence, with Crewe on loan player Bennett, from Tottenham Hotspur.He has been scoring for Spurs youth team, & scored for Crewe last Saturday.

Wonder if Ladapo will be back, can’t see him starting though unless we go three at top
    Then I think I’d prefer Kayode on.

Reading Elks post above them maybe put four in defence, do we have four? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Wonder if Ladapo will be back, can’t see him starting though unless we go three at top
    Then I think I’d prefer Kayode on.

Reading Elks post above them maybe put four in defence, do we have four? 😂
    MT, Yes we do. Bola, Icky, Wood, Harding and it’s about time we tried this. Coming up against teams with good wing play is exposing our back three at times. I know some don’t like a 4-4-2 but in certain games you have to go with it in order to offer more protection to our defence and keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MT, Yes we do. Bola, Icky, Wood, Harding and it’s about time we tried this. Coming up against teams with good wing play is exposing our back three at times. I know some don’t like a 4-4-2 but in certain games you have to go with it in order to offer more protection to our defence and keeper.
    Not only does it improve our defence it also makes the most of ogbene. Down side is. If you play ogbene on the right of midfield and. Possibly miller on the left. Who are the middle 2? Rathbone and barlazer are the form 2,. That means Linsey and wiles miss out. Play to our strength imo which ATM is cm. 352.

Could we perhaps man mark Bennett & put Wiles on him, that he would be his shadow. I think Bennett is a winger, who likes to come inside, & have a keen eye for a goal. It seems he scored quite a lot of goals for Spurs youth team.

Yes if we’ve got the players then why not four at the back in certain games, I don’t think it’s doing Ogbene any good

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes if we’ve got the players then why not four at the back in certain games, I don’t think it’s doing Ogbene any good
    Neither do I as it's taking more out of him having to track back then start his long runs down the wing. He needs his burst of pace in the last 15 - 20 yards not having run 20 -25 to get there in the first place. I suppose Lammy would have pissed that though ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast