+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everton- they won’t be raving about them tonight !!

Everton- they won’t be raving about them tonight !!

When the Toffees had that purple patch against us two weeks ago, everyone in the media was raving about Rafa ,Townsend , Uncle Tom Cobley and all.
    However , after getting comprehensibly beaten at Villa Park and losing in West London tonight in the Carabao Cup, what will the media and the Goodison faithful be thinking now. They say you are only as good as your last game. Judging by the last two results, Everton are not very good at all.

Really pleasing for me was to see Jimmy Dunne put that winning penalty away! Well done young man!

Me and you think the same !

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Really pleasing for me was to see Jimmy Dunne put that winning penalty away! Well done young man!
    I honestly don't know why we did not do better to try and keep him. No doubt he will come back to bite us in the bum.

He seemed to have more ability and promise than Kevin Long. Ambition too, which cannot be said for Long.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    He seemed to have more ability and promise than Kevin Long. Ambition too, which cannot be said for Long.
    I assume Longy is on a £20k a week contract for doing the square root of f*ck all.

Nice work if you can get it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I honestly don't know why we did not do better to try and keep him. No doubt he will come back to bite us in the bum.
    He was not happy because he was not playing and, with Tarks and Mee always first choice, he needed to get away to get some games in.
    Having said that, his only starts this season have been in the Carabao Cup --started and finished all three games, however, he has only 49 minutes played in the Championship as a sub in two matches, the last being in August when he came on as sub against Barnsley when QPR were 0-2 down and they managed a 2-2 draw. Good luck to him in his endeavours!

Ambitious or not, Kevin Long never let us down, when picked he did his job, what more can you ask of any player ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Ambitious or not, Kevin Long never let us down, when picked he did his job, what more can you ask of any player ?
    sinkov ---I certainly wouldn't argue against that and he certainly wasn't helped with a couple of injuries he picked up while on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A bit of ambition, like Jimmy Dunne. Turf Moor is no longer a fortress. How many clean sheets have we kept of late? Is there enough competition to keep Ben and Tarks on their toes? We have Collins and Bobby Thomas knocking on the door, which is good. But for a team that needs money, do we want to be paying £20 grand a weekend to someone who is seemingly quite content to warm the bench, play occasionally and is clearly no threat to take the shirt of either Ben or Tarks.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)