+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who should be starting next game?

Who should be starting next game?

First of all we must remember we were playing a bottom division team so everything has to be tempered with who we played. Generally BFC played OK but only after Rochdale scored the first, after which we took control and won relatively easily. For me Tarks, Mee and Collins should be playing in the back positions. I think Collins looked accomplished. On the players in between forwards and back players I thought Cornet was/is a breath of fresh air but the remaining players in the mid field positions were a little lack lustre. Of the forwards well Jay did the business and Matej worked tremendously hard, but at Premiership level it is not enough. So clearly our forward line is suspect. It looks like Chris Wood will come in and who becomes the second forward is in the balance but I have to say it should not become Barnes - he is just a battering ram.In midfield IMO Dwight will definitely return and should retain is regular spot with Cornet on the other side I think he has the ability to play just about anywhere. Centre midfield is a worry as Westwood can be a liability but I am unsure if we have anyone better. Personally I would like to see Peiters come in with Charlie on the other side what do others think.

Rodriguez, Cornet and Vydra MUST start against the Foxes. Surely?

I would still go with Wood and Vydra but I would not be surprised if Wood and Rodriguez start. Wood has a great goal scoring record against the Foxes. As for Cornet I wouldn’t worry about his English. The lad does his talking on the pitch. Don’t go flakey on us Sean just get Maxwel in from the off!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I would still go with Wood and Vydra but I would not be surprised if Wood and Rodriguez start. Wood has a great goal scoring record against the Foxes. As for Cornet I wouldn’t worry about his English. The lad does his talking on the pitch. Don’t go flakey on us Sean just get Maxwel in from the off!
    Exactly my mate!

Attachment 19964

I have a horrible feeling that it will be the usual line up. If it is, I will call it a day.

I would like to see: Pope, Collins, Tarks, Mee, Taylor, McNeil, Brownhill,Pieters, Cornet, Wood or JayRod and Vydra.

McNeil with more of a No 10 role feeding the front two. If he is out wide, Eric Pieters being the more attacking midfielder. He can play also as a link between Taylor and Cornet as necessary on the left side of the pitch. He has a shot on him too.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)