+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cresswell

Oz

think you are being hard on firpo. He's had some brutal assignments (scum, everton and pool) right off the bat and when he gets dialed in James and him will be a brutal handful. if you don't have a fast and physical back behind James you'll lose a lot of effectiveness. It will take a little time but it will pay off.

I think the other thing you forget is that cooper struggles helping out. Just not fast enough for what's being asked of him. that showed yesterday when we had some speed in the middle that could cover when Firpo was caught up. Fulham is a big, fast physical team that can score goals. Better in that regard than half the prem teams.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Oz

think you are being hard on firpo. He's had some brutal assignments (scum, everton and pool) right off the bat and when he gets dialed in James and him will be a brutal handful. if you don't have a fast and physical back behind James you'll lose a lot of effectiveness. It will take a little time but it will pay off.
    I hope so really do as we haven't had a proper LB since Douglas. But I just cant see it than again I could not see the Phillips fuss in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    That's the thing as his only other game
    Cresswell, when he played last season in the EFL Cup game he was fantastic. He was a standout and he’s definitely one to the future. When you look at him now in stature, he doesn’t look like he’d be fazed coming up against any bigger centre-forwards. He is an absolute beast.”
    Only took 50 thousand injuries to have another crap and some so called posters say that we do give kids a chance my reply to you is this. BS

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    That's the thing as his only other game
    Cresswell, when he played last season in the EFL Cup game he was fantastic. He was a standout and he’s definitely one to the future. When you look at him now in stature, he doesn’t look like he’d be fazed coming up against any bigger centre-forwards. He is an absolute beast.”
    Only took 50 thousand injuries to have another crap and some so called posters say that we do give kids a chance my reply to you is this. BS
    Maybe so. I for one EXPECT Cresswell to be a starting player in future 1st team games, same as Mcinstry and Gelhardt, f00king sight less expensive than bringing in players from outside with no grasp of just how f00king hard the IPL is and how hard Bielsa works his squad.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Maybe so. I for one EXPECT Cresswell to be a starting player in future 1st team games, same as Mcinstry and Gelhardt, f00king sight less expensive than bringing in players from outside with no grasp of just how f00king hard the IPL is and how hard Bielsa works his squad.
    That's just the thing and its easier to bring them in whilst you have players Like Phillips Meslier Dallas Bamf Raph than say wait till we are totally screwed and those players are sold off. We have wasted so much money when the talent is already there
    Why did we need James at that price for instance when Harrison is just as good and we have the likes of Summer and others coming through I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    That's just the thing and its easier to bring them in whilst you have players Like Phillips Meslier Dallas Bamf Raph than say wait till we are totally screwed and those players are sold off. We have wasted so much money when the talent is already there
    Why did we need James at that price for instance when Harrison is just as good and we have the likes of Summer and others coming through I don't get it.
    "Fashion" m8, and lack of trust in what ought to be believed in. Same goes for the coaching and management (below the level if Director of Football I would emphasise). As a nation we have all that's required to be world class, in each and every respect, we just don't have the confidence in our own ability, and generations gone by would weep at how we have surrendered the high ground of almost every walk I life to those who we believe, for reasons that escape me, can do a better job.

Cresswell has been brilliant, for a 19 year old kid his future looks incredibly bright.

Any future injuries and I'd be slightly pissed if Ayling got a CB role ahead of him now.

Always find it weird that people say we play the kids/Bielsa gives kids a chance. They only ever get a chance in utter desperation. It has taken Koch, Lllorente and Ayling to get an injury and I'm sure if Forshaw was fit we'd have seen Phillips at CB with Forshaw in midfield.

We might see kids on the bench a lot but it is rare they get a go and it is frustrating when you see how well Cresswell did and how good Summerville has looked, like how in the **** was Costa or Poveda ever getting in ahead of him!

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    We might see kids on the bench a lot but it is rare they get a go and it is frustrating when you see how well Cresswell did and how good Summerville has looked, like how in the **** was Costa or Poveda ever getting in ahead of him!
    How Costa was ever selcted ahead of Bielsa's bucket is a total mystery. As for those of you defending Firpo, I fear you optimism is sorely misplaced. On the evidence so far (and there is more than enough of it), he can't tackle, can barely pass, seems to have little idea of where he is supposed to be playing, lacks any obvious connection with his team mates on the left side or in defence and is either unfit or lazy (or both).

Apart from that ...... he's great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)