+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Padel?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Pleased for you Mick, sounds exciting.

Tmathea, it will be if we can get everything just right.

The problem for me is lack of time, approaching 60 early next month and although I still feel youthful I fully understand that the wheels are going to drop off at some time.

40th birthday feels like 10 minutes ago and if I'm lucky enough to get to 80 the time will fly by.

I've always been so driven to succeed though, I'm finding it impossible to switch off, as soon as a good opportunity comes up I can't help myself.

I read the title of the thread thinking this was about Priti Padel

i’ll get my coat

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

The problem for me is lack of time, approaching 60 early next month and although I still feel youthful I fully understand that the wheels are going to drop off at some time.

40th birthday feels like 10 minutes ago and if I'm lucky enough to get to 80 the time will fly by.

I've always been so driven to succeed though, I'm finding it impossible to switch off, as soon as a good opportunity comes up I can't help myself.
    Just go with it Mick, enjoy every minute. You will soon put the brakes on if it gets too much, but hopefully you will keep going long enough.

Many including myself look at the next opportunity but always remember Mr Hayes the Travel guy who dropped dead at his desk! For all his wealth he had no time to enjoy it so - what was the f uckin point! Can’t believe his wife is still working whilst he’s kicking up the daisies!

Whatever motivates you then do it! I will retire in 3 years time once the youngest leaves school then I will travel and enjoy life even more with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Many including myself look at the next opportunity but always remember Mr Hayes the Travel guy who dropped dead at his desk! For all his wealth he had no time to enjoy it so - what was the f uckin point! Can’t believe his wife is still working whilst he’s kicking up the daisies!

Whatever motivates you then do it! I will retire in 3 years time once the youngest leaves school then I will travel and enjoy life even more with the kids.

I think there’s a difference between us mate and our circumstances.

You’re a tad younger than me and maybe your wife is younger than you?

I know you said that she’ll continue with her very successful business when you hang your boots up at 60.

My wife is older than me and although incredibly youthful looking she’s 65 in November and has basically done our business admin for 24 years, she hasn’t got her own business for me to fall back on! 😏🤣

I’m the sole provider and employ my three kids and my son in law, I have to keep a lot of plates spinning to be brutally honest.

If my missus was younger than me and minted I’d find it easy to pack up. 🤩

I think there’s a difference between us mate and our circumstances.

You’re a tad younger than me and maybe your wife is younger than you?

I know you said that she’ll continue with her very successful business when you hang your boots up at 60.

My wife is older than me and although incredibly youthful looking she’s 65 in November and has basically done our business admin for 24 years, she hasn’t got her own business for me to fall back on! 😏🤣

I’m the sole provider and employ my three kids and my son in law, I have to keep a lot of plates spinning to be brutally honest.

If my missus was younger than me and minted I’d find it easy to pack up. 🤩

Very good point Mick and keep going while you are still enjoying it. Best to take a bit of a backward step though and oversee everything - can’t you employ some cracking bird to be on top of it but you still have the hands on😭

Padel?
    You're right, never heard of it! (like Regis, I thought you were posting something about Priti at first). Looks a good game-but far too energetic for me at my age! The guy on the youtube channel I watched likened the differences between tennis and padel to the differences between draughts and chess so you have to be mentally agile as well as physically fit. Def no good for me then as I spend far too long figuring out my next move when I play chess as it is. Anyhow, would seem to be a good thing to get into for a new venture

Never heard of Patel but looks interesting. Used to live squash - but too old now and kept getting injured. Played tennis when I lived abroad but few indoor courts in this country and never really taken off as a mainstream sport for the many. Sounds like the ball is quite hard from the “thwack” sound - so I guess you need to keep out of the way of it. But liked the way the players are not hammering the ball - as it seemed self defeating as it just rebounds back off the way. Liked the moment when one of the guys left the court for a few seconds to get out of the way.

If ever this gets started Mick, wouldn’t mind volunteering a “senior” guinea pig .... looks like it could be fun.

Hope it goes well for you Mick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)