+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Fightback Starts Here

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    He does live on this site, the poor sad old git has nowhere else to post his rubbish! Its a bit of care in the community really, we humour him and he pretends he has friends!
    Sad old git?

Really fail?

If I'm old, what does that make the rest of this site?
    Have your ageist prejudices surfaced now?
    Racist pops/ageist pops/ want to try genda next? Eeeeeeeejit

Can we all leave our personal insults and digs for the Brexit thread please? I'm sure you are putting genuine football fans off commenting. I've already weilded the banhammer once this week and I'm feeling like John Henry with it atm (look it up)

Further to the Gibbo thinking of suing thoughts......... surely, if he tries it on, all the club would have to do is point to the 6 successive defeats in March/April of that season being a major contributor to their not making the playoffs.

Bring it on Gibbo.

Can we sue Villa then for overspending the season they beat us, it amounts to the same

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Can we sue Villa then for overspending the season they beat us, it amounts to the same

Yes I was thinking the same QPR as well

For a fellow club in the championship to even thinking about about suing for trying to take an advantage is pretty low

If they even tried to target Derby without dragging Bournemouth QPR And Villa in the same lawsuit is just plain wrong
    I think the EFL should dock them points for bringing the game into disrepute, seriously its pathetic

Really can’t fault Stenson and eddy’s logic. Ultimately the only ‘crime’ that separates us from Bournemouth, Villa and QPR would seem to be that we failed to make it to the Prem...in which case it would have been ‘forgive and forget’. Can that really be right?

Looking at it another way there were 5 other teams that beat boro to the play off's has Gibson picked their accounts apart to or was it just us out of pure bitterness

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really can’t fault Stenson and eddy’s logic. Ultimately the only ‘crime’ that separates us from Bournemouth, Villa and QPR would seem to be that we failed to make it to the Prem...in which case it would have been ‘forgive and forget’. Can that really be right?
    Its not quite forgive and forget if they go up - QPR paid £43 million to settle their FFP case wit the EFL. I'm sure Bournemouth are having to negotiate a settlement, Villa of course are still in the prem. In my mind QPR should have been fined and been docked pts but hey ho.

Also legal action in sport generally gets thrown out and required to go through the sports governing body's regulation process. So its just bluff and bluster from Boro.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Its not quite forgive and forget if they go up - QPR paid £43 million to settle their FFP case wit the EFL.
    No, you’re absolutely right and they also had a transfer embargo for one window...but the fact that they earned the huge financial rewards from promotion, benefited from parachute payments following relegation, and were given ten years to pay their fine probably all eased that particular burden. They certainly seemed to be treated very differently from us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)