+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pep U23s

Pep U23s

If you've not come across this already then it's worth a watch.

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/s...16868100726784

Never has anyone had so much contempt for the English footballing set up than this man.

He thinks he’s God but millions spent at Man C & still not won the European Cup.Get thi sen to Accrington & let’s see how good you really are.I don’t like Derby C or Mr Rooney but I will give him credit for not walking away & taking the easy option.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 23-09-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    He thinks he’s God but millions spent at Man C & still not won the European Cup.Get thi sen to Accrington & let’s see how good you really are.I don’t like Derby C or Mr Rooney but I will give him credit for not walking away & taking the easy option.
    Here's what Andy Holt the Accrington Stanley chairman said Lol

Andy Holt said: “Stop whining for Christ sake. You have everything at your disposal and it’s still not enough. If these players should be playing L1, LET THEM GO and buy them back when they’ve been trained.”

Exactly that frog well said Andy Holt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    He's not walked because he would forfeit that very nice contract they offered.Resign and he gets nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Here's what Andy Holt the Accrington Stanley chairman said Lol

Andy Holt said: “Stop whining for Christ sake. You have everything at your disposal and it’s still not enough. If these players should be playing L1, LET THEM GO and buy them back when they’ve been trained.”
    I love Andy Holt. He's just a rich version of us (normal fans).

On top of that you will have some clubs that will be forced out of the League to accomidate them. Then there's the question of integrety during cup matches if the parent club is drawn against its parent club.

Will the clubs be allowed 2 teams in the same division?

What if the U23s are in a promotion spot at the back end of a season? Do they throw games or is their finishing position not counted?

If an U23 player is upgraded to the first team is that classed as a transfer?

He can take his tippy tappy shyte and stick it!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

He can take his tippy tappy shyte and stick it!
    Devil's advocate on this one - Pep doesn't do tiki taka and all that. His philosophy is possession with purpose. Looking for the forward pass whenever it is on.

As much as it would cause a huge issue for all the reasons listed, he has a point. The younger, England U21 players for example, could well learn more playing against a crafty defender that knows a few tricks of their own and doesn't fall for fancy footwork, or a woody that knows they don't have pace but will give you a battle in the air or really press you simply because they know their positioning.

We see players with pace all the time but not always the end product. Maybe a system like that would help with the game craft.

Can't see it ever happening or working though.

You do all realise this isn't just Pep's talking/idea? He's only the sound puppet for the club. Because the breakaway Super League never got going, this is just another way of generating more revenue for City. Yes it's a big headed statement and like Frog says has too many connotations that may well effect lower league clubs, if they have to stand aside to accommodate this ever happening.

Munee, munee, munee is what is is all about and not just developing their U23's. It's another ploy/way of putting their entire playing staff on the scene, that way fairly well off Championship clubs will be able to both see them and bid for their players.

We haven't even got the bones to make a second squad if we wanted to, such is the colossal difference between the have and have nots.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    He's not walked because he would forfeit that very nice contract they offered.Resign and he gets nothing.
    Bill he doesn’t need the money & Derby haven’t got any money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast