+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket prices for bead rattlers game

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Nah nah, you’re not getting away with that.

She was a girl on Merkland Road East
    She was a girl once inside Pittodrie.
    She was only pretending to be a boy to get in.

Even if ( and she didn’t) she had really wanted to be a boy, she couldn’t have….because…..she was a girl.
    That’s called being gender fluid. You seemed to have quite progressive views back then.

No doubt.

But every time you give someone a reason not to go, he’ll find his own reason not to go next time.

When it comes down to it, entertaining (winning) football makes a high ticket price more acceptable but there is a limit for many of us, and Aberdeen isn’t awash with cash right at the moment.
    For sure you are right and there is little doubt the crowd will not be much more than 12,000 or so (8,500 season tickets + 1,800 from celtic + 2,000 or so who will pay the walk up prices). There is no doubt Cormack has got the pricing completely wrong given our current form etc but the point I was (poorly) trying to make was that even if prices were only say £25 instead of £32 I doubt we would get many more walk ups given all of the circumstances around the game including live TV/time/day/form/quality of football etc

The ONLY solution to improving crowd numbers (by attracting your non-core fan) is to win more games, score more goals and generally provide a far better level of entertainment. You need to do that first and only after that is place can you then think about increasing prices for the bigger games. It's not complicated so over to you Cormack/Glass.

Given that we’re all safe from Covid-19 until midnight on 30 September up here beyond the Nith and Tweed, it may be that the risks are too severe to attend thereafter when it’s programmed to take hold and become ultra-infectious again. Good job I’m not an Ultra either.

They already have my £400, so they can do as they wish.

It does look as if they’re pushing Thatcher’s “the market will decide” to the very outer limits of its elasticity though. Hell mend them.

Even if ( and she didn’t) she had really wanted to be a boy, she couldn’t have….because…..she was a girl.
    F*ckin' eck. Didn't know cavemen knew how to use computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    It's not the ticket price that will put off your four times a year visitor to Pittodrie, it's the current form, lack of entertainment and the inevitability of a celtic first away league victory against anyone since February.

if we had beaten Ross and StJ at home and Motherwell away (which we should be capable of doing with our eyes closed) scoring a few goals along the way and so be sitting 3 points clear at the top of the league (and 7 points clear of a vulnerable celtic) we would have been talking about a full capacity Pittodrie regardless of the tickets being the price of a pint more expensive than normal.
    That’s exactly my sentiments … £10 or £32 would make no difference as to whether I attended - if the quality and entertainment is there, I’d likely go either way if I was based in Aberdeen but increased ticket sales won’t be generated by Club-loyalty alone. It’s a chicken and egg situation at the end of the day! When I’m in Aberdeen I tend to go to any game that is on as I don’t see all that many live games over the course of the season.

I wouldn't go if it was free

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I wouldn't go if it was free
    Yep, pretty much this.

I wasn’t going anyway, so no real skin off my nose fit they charge, but the lack of awareness and emotional intelligence shown by this pricing structure is rather concerning.

No Scottish league football match is worth that amount - not one of them - and the fact some folk will pay it no matter what doesn’t change that fact.

I can only assume Cormack’s thinking is that charging laughably exorbitant prices such as this will encourage ST sales and help him get to his magical 15k ST holders.

He needs a decent entertaining team to manage that though - no matter fit he charges to get in - and currently we’re a country mile from that.

This pricing - especially currently - frankly just makes him look like a t’wat.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Yep, pretty much this.

I wasn’t going anyway, so no real skin off my nose fit they charge, but the lack of awareness and emotional intelligence shown by this pricing structure is rather concerning.

No Scottish league football match is worth that amount - not one of them - and the fact some folk will pay it no matter what doesn’t change that fact.

I can only assume Cormack’s thinking is that charging laughably exorbitant prices such as this will encourage ST sales and help him get to his magical 15k ST holders.

He needs a decent entertaining team to manage that though - no matter fit he charges to get in - and currently we’re a country mile from that.

This pricing - especially currently - frankly just makes him look like a t’wat.

Off you phuck Cormack and take your wet behind the ears manager with you.

Phucking @reshole

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Off you phuck Cormack and take your wet behind the ears manager with you.

Phucking @reshole
    He’s still a country mile better than fuuckin Milne though.

Mind you, that’s beginning to sound a bit like saying Stalin was better than Hitler right enough…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    He’s still a country mile better than fuuckin Milne though.

Mind you, that’s beginning to sound a bit like saying Stalin was better than Hitler right enough…
    Jury is still well and truly out on both Cormack and Glass.

Cormack is ambitious, I’ll give him that , but he’s also very much a money man hence the price hike for specific games .

Glass started well and while I really do want him to succeed , although it’s still very early days , he’s starting to look increasingly out of his depth and I genuinely do fear another couple defeats could put us into free fall.

Hedges return might just come at the right time for all concerned but I heard Glass saying his problem now is whether or not to start him …….surely if he’s fit he starts given the situation we are in at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast