+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Friday's line up.

Friday's line up.

I hope that Bryan is ready to start so that he can play on the left side of our back three leaving Townsend to play in the position that he is most effective in. Livermore and Mowett in the midfield. I would probably go for Diangana, Robinson and Phillips up front. I would be tempted to play through them on the deck as that giant of a centre back for QPR would 'gobble up' an ariel attack. If this didn't work bring on Hugill to add an ariel threat of our own. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I hope that Bryan is ready to start so that he can play on the left side of our back three leaving Townsend to play in the position that he is most effective in. Livermore and Mowett in the midfield. I would probably go for Diangana, Robinson and Phillips up front. I would be tempted to play through them on the deck as that giant of a centre back for QPR would 'gobble up' an ariel attack. If this didn't work bring on Hugill to add an ariel threat of our own. Just my thoughts.
    Interesting debate on what our best front 3 are,

I think Phillips and Robinson have to be in there, then I'd probably pick one of Grant or Diangana alongside.

But if we are going to be direct, then it has to be Hugill instead of Grant or Diangana.

If Zohore showed an inch of interest, he would have a good chance of breaking into this side. I honestly think he has ability, but zero work ethic or commitment.

I think Robinson and Phillips have to start as they are the only front players to have scored this season. We were nothing special in the first hour on Saturday but when Diangana and Phillips went off our threat definitely decreased. Hugill was shocking for 90 mins; give him another chance? Grant; not for me.

Interesting how other fans think we have a great squad and we Baggies differ. Preston fans have called it 'criminal if we don't go up with that squad and the Man Utd fan I went with was pre match of the same opinion. Having watched us for 90 mins he is no longer of that persuasion.

I'm not in it's the style of football that is the primary problem. For me it's a lack of quality in midfield and especially up front. Our expected goals stat has been much better in every game apart from Millwall when we only edged it.

Just hope Robinson is fit, clearly he has been suffering post his bout of COVID.

Anyone but anyone up front, but please not Zohore or Hugill, both total waste of a shirt, criminal these two were signed

Apparently, there's a chance that Clarke could figure on Friday. Even better!

In our last 2 home games we have effectively wasted both first half's by lumping balls forward to the opposition Centre half's so although i don't think he is that good Hugill needs to start with Grady and Robinson for me, if we start poorly we could be out of the game by half time, at the back hopefully either Bryan or Clarke will be fit enough to start so Townsend can move to left back although Ajayi is a worry with his recent form.

Mr Negative here. I totally expect to lose tonight. Austin nailed on to score against us. Just hope I am completely wrong and munching on humble pie tonight.

I have a nagging feeling about this one ..... QPR back off their win against Everton .... and Austin back to rub our noses in it ....

Think it will be too soon for Clark to start ..... maybe a sub appearance. Would probably go for Robinson, Philips and Diangana upfront .... but who will get the goals concerns me ..... as it has most all season .... at least we are at home and can leave the towels out ...

I kind of agree with 123 about Zohore .... feel there is a quality player in there .... but his attitude and application stink .... only Manager to get something out of Zohore was Colin .... which says something ...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)