+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safe standing at the Lane?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It's a no from me. Keep the money in the tin Notts, save it for player acquisition. Unless, there's a humungous grant involved?
    Wouldn't mind it happening if the demand is there and the cost can be justified, but it's something that wouldn't interest me. That's not because I prefer to sit, but it would have to be situated in the Kop and I don't like watching games from behind the goal.

Maybe try it in the sparsely populated family stand & if it proves popular enough look at introducing it in the Kop ? as a short arse I will remain seated but it's each to their own imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Maybe try it in the sparsely populated family stand & if it proves popular enough look at introducing it in the Kop ? as a short arse I will remain seated but it's each to their own imo.
    I can't see that being an option. I doubt the average fan who wants to stand would fit in with the ethic of a designated family area.

It will happen in the Kop, or not at all.

Retrograde step I think
    Those who want to stand will cluster together and can stand anyway...
    Anyone else, find a corner of the Pavis and just stand in front of your seat - job done

Most will have seen that clip of the Congleton v Macclesfield brawl. The scourge of hooliganism is still out there to tarnish football's reputation. I'd see a general return of standing as encouraging those tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can't see that being an option. I doubt the average fan who wants to stand would fit in with the ethic of a designated family area.

It will happen in the Kop, or not at all.
    It would most prob be in ''Kop lower'', is my guess. They could all stand and due to the gradient, all those in ''Kop upper'' would still be able to see even if they remained seated, I would imagine.

https://twitter.com/timessport/statu...594403843?s=21

Not only terraces but we might be able to have a drink while watching the game as well!

Back of the net.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It would most prob be in ''Kop lower'', is my guess. They could all stand and due to the gradient, all those in ''Kop upper'' would still be able to see even if they remained seated, I would imagine.
    If anyone is good at maths, I've got the measurements of the upper and lower Kop, cos I can't make out the actual gradient of one part clearly! The upper and lower kop are different though.

A definite no from me. We have a great all seater stadium which is the envy of many teams from the National league up to League 1. I don't understand why anyone would prefer to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I hate standing quite frankly, if you're quite small, there is no chance of seeing a game if someone tall is in front of you
    Surely if that was the case you would make sure you were in a seated area?

The idea is that certain parts of a ground would allow supporters to stand.

Let’s be honest, safety isn’t going to be an issue at ML is it?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yes. I always stood on County Road.
    Me too. They would have to bring back the wooden floor for stomping your feet on and then ban everyone from Keyworth who just used to piss there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast