+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Patterson

Let's hope we can soon add him to the Most Influential Loan Players thread !

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes confirmed by Sunderland at lunch time.
    Yes, I should’ve added now confirmed by Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Yes, I should’ve added now confirmed by Notts.
    Let's hope his goals/games conceded/aggregate is better than Sloco's.

Following a short-term injury to Sam Slocombe, we have completed the loan signing of Sunderland goalkeeper Anthony Patterson.

Our number-one could be out for up to three weeks after taking a knock in training and, following Ciaran Brennan’s arrival on Wednesday, we have once again moved swiftly into the loan market to source cover.

Patterson, 21, is highly regarded at Sunderland and has already made four first-team appearances for them this season – two in League One and two in the EFL Cup, emerging victorious on each occasion.

And Ian Burchnall is confident we have made another strong addition at short notice.

“As disappointed as we are to have lost Sam, we’re delighted to have been able to add another quality loan player in Anthony,” said the head coach.

“I know people at Sunderland and they rate him really highly, as evidenced by his involvement in their first-team environment not only this season but over the past few years.

“He trained with the boys today and we’ll do everything we can to fully prepare him for Altrincham.

“Contact injuries like Sam’s and Connell Rawlinson’s are inevitable over the course of a long season but to lose them both at the same time as Kyle Cameron is very unfortunate.

“These are the challenges football poses, though, and the important thing is to be prepared to deal with them, which I feel we have been.”

Tiernan Brooks, meanwhile, will continue his loan spell with Worksop Town.

“He’s doing really well there and we don’t want to disrupt that,” said Burchnall.

“As much as we rate Tiernan and feel he has a bright future with us, he still has a lot of development ahead of him before he’s ready for first-team football with us.

“He understands that and is applying himself brilliantly at Worksop, which will do him the world of good.”

Patterson, who will wear squad number 25, will remain with us until 26 October.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Let's hope we can soon add him to the Most Influential Loan Players thread !
    Yep. Let's hope he's a MILP

I'd have got Brooks back and give him a game as he did well in the friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yep. Let's hope he's a MILP
    Over at Derby Rooney's in need of a MILF.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Over at Derby Rooney's in need of a MILF.
    That Young??

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    I'd have got Brooks back and give him a game as he did well in the friendlies
    For me, Burchnall’s made the right decision. Brooks is developing nicely. Competitive first team action is a big jump from friendlies. I wouldn’t want to knock Brooks confidence and that could certainly happen if he’s put into the 1st team too early.

I watched some videos earlier of Patterson and he’s definitely one who likes to command his box, also has a high percentage of reflex saves. Fingers crossed his does a job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I watched some videos earlier of Patterson and he’s definitely one who likes to command his box, also has a high percentage of reflex saves. Fingers crossed his does a job for us.
    Sounds like we’ve got someone decent in. Two out of 3,draws have been down to Slocombe mistakes so he might be an upgrade.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast