+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think the assumption that because Slocombe hasn’t made many obvious cock ups then he’s a decent keeper is wrong. I think he’s an adequate keeper for this level, but his shot stopping abilities aren’t great and he doesn’t exactly command his penalty area.

As a keeper, if you not made many ‘cock ups’, your decent at whatever level your playing at. A good measurement of a keeper over a season, do they win more points than they lose. Over the past 2 seasons Sam has definitely been in the positive column. Despite an indifferent start this season and providing his injury isn’t long term, I’m sure he’ll be in the positive column again this season.

He may have a knock but if there are better alternatives out there we should certainly be looking. Apparently Sunderland’s goalkeeping coach David Preece worked with IB at Ostersunds.
    At this current time, injuries aside, I certainly wouldn’t be looking for an alternative.

Should be an interesting battle between Joel Taylor and Dan Mooney down our left side tomorrow. Mooney is currently in very good form for them sand Taylor in decent form for us. Might work in our favour if there is alot of focus down that flank, maybe give Cal and Ruben a bit more space to work their magic?

Name:  Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of www.nottscountystats.com.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  19.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I agree, but with the exception of goalkeepers. The goalkeeping position is a bit of a protected one. If the keeper is good he tends to keep his place regardless.
    I will use Jordan Pickford as an example. He made numerous errors for Everton last season, which led to him being slammed in the press and for people calling for England to change. Everton ‘rested’ him for a game or 2 as Pickford searched for renewed confidence and then bought him back. Southgate didn’t flinch.
    I think whilst keepers train well and continue to have self belief they keep their place.
    I think Slocombe has had a rough ride with a few. He is a top keeper for our level. Yes he has made mistakes. Tell me a player in a Notts shirt who hasn’t.

When managers and coaches talk about competition for places, it’s more to do with pushing each other on the training ground. Brookes is still training at Notts. Kean trains at Notts.

So unless Slocombe is injured or shagged IB’s wife. He will start.
    I think you're being a bit retro on Pickford. It was the season before last that he compounded his form with some silly errors but Ancelotti addressed his form and that's why he cleaned up his act enough to be the England No 1

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    He could certainly be bought in as competition for Sloco but what chance does he have of starting a game, (barring injury), or even being on the bench, very small, IMHAHO.
    I'm sure it would just be a loan Gumpy

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Should be an interesting battle between Joel Taylor and Dan Mooney down our left side tomorrow. Mooney is currently in very good form for them sand Taylor in decent form for us.
    Yebbutt, will Sand Taylor be able to cement his place in the team?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Yebbutt, will Sand Taylor be able to cement his place in the team?
    Should definitely be in the mix!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Should definitely be in the mix!
    Very sharp

Patterson has joined us on a short term loan and is in contention tomorrow according to Lee Johnson.

LJ: “We have a strong goalkeeping department. The loan move, for him, it will help him get those starts and for us, we really believe he can force his way into be No1 here long-term.”

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Patterson has joined us on a short term loan and is in contention tomorrow according to Lee Johnson.

LJ: “We have a strong goalkeeping department. The loan move, for him, it will help him get those starts and for us, we really believe he can force his way into be No1 here long-term.”
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Done
    Yes confirmed by Sunderland at lunch time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast