+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Shortage of lorry drivers? What is to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    I must have been dreaming.

I dreamt a pandemic had hit the worlds population and things went more than a little crazy.

So vivid it fooled me.

No worries.

Next people will be saying we need to stop destroying the planet. After all there’s only approx 80/100m per year being added to the population.

What could possibly go wrong?
    Conspiracy theorist

90,000 to 100,000 reported shortage of lorry drivers, with 10,000 to 20,000 EU lorry drivers returning home since Brexit. Yeah its all Brexit’s fault.

A much larger impact has been caused by the Covid-19 pandemic with drivers leaving the industry due to reduced workloads in the worst of the pandemic, training and tests stopped due to the pandemic, and now industries such as construction having record demands for goods which guess what further fuels the shortage of drivers.

It’s pathetic how those who voted remain still have this black and white outlook, anything bad blame Brexit, anything good put down to any other reason possible.

👍👍👍

Erm...and the good bits so far?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Yes, as it says, a shortage for 15 years

There are supply chain problems in many many countries around the world according to friends and relatives that I speak to so blaming Brexit is a cheap shot.
    The whole purpose of Brexit was to wrestle back control, not to cut ties with our European neighbours

So now we need help A change is visa rules and an appropriate level of T& c,s to attract some resources should mitigate the immediate problems.

The issue here is that our govt is reactionary rather than being proactive.
    It's obvious that this problem was coming and what we are seeing now is crisis management rather than reducing the risks in a phased approach over a period of time
    Very poor management

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    There's are supply chain problems in many many countries around the world according to friends and relatives that I speak to so blaming Brexit is a cheap shot.
    The whole purpose of Brexit was to wrestle back control, not to cut ties with our European neighbours

So now we need help A change is visa rules and an appropriate level of T& c,s to attract some help should mitigate the immediate problems.

The issue here is that our govt is reactionary rather than being proactive.
    It's obvious that this problem was coming and what we are seeing now is crisis management rather than reducing the risks.
    Very poor management
    Brexit is a cheap shot by the desperate

The sad remoaning remainiacs are not aware this is a global problem because the Beeb and other EU supporting rogue stations will not publicise this to inform the sheep out there and try to suggest it is only over here.Pathetic desperadoes.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast