+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Shortage of lorry drivers? What is to blame?

This country has become so painfully divided that reasoned debate and the capacity for critical thinking seem nigh on impossible. One side blames the other etc. - like a playground getting out of hand. Personal slights if someone expresses a different view

It's the kind of carry on that erodes us as a society and as people - we are better than this, surely?

no its not.there is no argument. are we in the EU or not?
    No end of.

The personal abusers tend to be from certain posters who can't counter arguments in a logical, well researched way in my experience. Its just a "thats my view feck off if you don't like it". Thats fine of course but it gives an argument no substance and carries no weight at all because it has no evidence to support it. Ho Hum...

Of course the vote for Brexit won the day but that dunt mean it is right or that it will be right does it? Only history will tell us that. It could work out ok but it could turn out to be a monumental balls up.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 26-09-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The personal abusers tend to be from certain posters who can't counter arguments in a logical, well researched way in my experience. Its just a "thats my view feck off if you don't like it". Thats fine of course but it gives an argument no substance and carries no weight at all because it has no evidence to support it. Ho Hum...

Of course the vote for Brexit won the day but that dunt mean it is right or that it will be right does it? Only history will tell us that. It could work out ok but it could turn out to be a monumental balls up.
    dunt mean it's right?
    It was a democratic vote.
    What's not right?

Doesn't mean it will turn out right. Millions put Hitler in power but was it the right decision to do it? I accept that brexit won the democratic vote-well sort of which is another argument-but I still don't think its gonna make the average bloke on the street any better off in the long run. We shall see won't we...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 26-09-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    This country has become so painfully divided that reasoned debate and the capacity for critical thinking seem nigh on impossible. One side blames the other etc. - like a playground getting out of hand. Personal slights if someone expresses a different view

It's the kind of carry on that erodes us as a society and as people - we are better than this, surely?
    Absolutely spot on. The Brexit debate was hugely divisive with it's 'remoaners' and 'gammons', but it should be over now. Parliament gave the public a choice and the public chose to leave - it really is as simple as that. Why one side continues to seize upon any possible negative impact to say 'I told you so', whilst the other side denies any negative impact is just abit silly and very sad.

Doesn't mean it will turn out right. Millions put Hitler in power but was it the right decision to do it?
    that's Germany for you. another good reason to be out.

Doesn't mean it will turn out right. Millions put Hitler in power but was it the right decision to do it?
    You told us you didn't vote, Roly. It's bit rich to snipe at the choice of those who did.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You told us you didn't vote, Roly. It's bit rich to snipe at the choice of those who did.
    Didnt have my choice on the ballot paper Kerr but that's democracy for you! I had to put up with the simplistic in or out.

Doesn't mean it will turn out right. Millions put Hitler in power but was it the right decision to do it? I accept that brexit won the democratic vote-well sort of which is another argument-but I still don't think its gonna make the average bloke on the street any better off in the long run. We shall see won't we...
    We were voting to exit a club. not put someone in power.
    stoopid analogy.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast