+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Shortage of lorry drivers? What is to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Crafty bugger fishing again.
    I will get thi back when I play you in the fantasy league Lol cheeky!

I think you could also say being in Europe and free movement didn't help. Eastern Europeans working for poor money and the companies loving it. Now they've gone back, for what ever reason, there's a shortage of drivers, and the companies are now having to pay decent money out to employ people.
    There's also a shortage of drivers in Europe at the moment so can't really see how us not being in Europe has caused it.

There's also a shortage in just about every skilled job going at the moment. Over the last few years the price for dry lining dropped due to cheap foreign labour.
    So get ready for inflation going up next......because everything is going up.....

Like Howdy says some people don't want to work, they just want to moan about everything. How do these people get away with it?? Job centre wanted me to keep a list of job applications to show them i was looking for work. I just didn't bother claiming in the end and waited for my pension to kick in 10 months later.
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 28-09-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    There's also a shortage of drivers in Europe at the moment so can't really see how us not being in Europe has caused it.
    There's been a large shortage of drivers in all of Europe for many years.

If you look at Poland they've got a way bigger shortage than the UK has now, per capita.

A big difference is that they're connected by land borders to EU countries. That means it is comparatively trivial to use drivers from nearby countries with no additional paperwork, visas or friction at the borders. The driver shortage is basically diluted between the entire EU.

In the UK when a company has a job they need doing we can't just ask a French company to do it, the friction is a whole different world.

The thing about shortages is you'll often not notice them until all of a sudden its too late and "the straw has broken the camels back". That's what I think we're seeing in the UK in a way I think that Europe is cushioned from. Regardless of frogs experiences we're getting a whole different world of problems in the UK from anything currently happening on the continent. Covid and Brexit combined have been that straw for us. All sorts of unforseen consequences could be around the corner, and its not an easy problem to fix.

Well it seems there's no shortage of yawn inducing threads on what's supposed to be a football message board

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well it seems there's no shortage of yawn inducing threads on what's supposed to be a football message board
    Blummin ummer, ya can't shift it now Grist, it's only just come back!

Quote Originally Posted by grist_to_the_mill View Post
    well it seems there's no shortage of yawn inducing threads on what's supposed to be a football message board
    yeh, you wouldn't think there's a full league programme on tonight would you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It's funny you only ever make these comments in response to posts you disagree with and where you seem to not really have much to contribute.

If you click on my username and then on "Find latest started threads" you'll see the result "Sorry - no matches."

If you do the same for yourself you'll find a number of non-football related topics, the most recent being a topic questioning the Britishness of an 18 year old girl under a title obsessing over race identity politics.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    There's been a large shortage of drivers in all of Europe for many years.

If you look at Poland they've got a way bigger shortage than the UK has now, per capita.

A big difference is that they're connected by land borders to EU countries. That means it is comparatively trivial to use drivers from nearby countries with no additional paperwork, visas or friction at the borders. The driver shortage is basically diluted between the entire EU.

In the UK when a company has a job they need doing we can't just ask a French company to do it, the friction is a whole different world.

The thing about shortages is you'll often not notice them until all of a sudden its too late and "the straw has broken the camels back". That's what I think we're seeing in the UK in a way I think that Europe is cushioned from. Regardless of frogs experiences we're getting a whole different world of problems in the UK from anything currently happening on the continent. Covid and Brexit combined have been that straw for us. All sorts of unforseen consequences could be around the corner, and its not an easy problem to fix.
    lol...you are half right but as usual devoid of true facts for the actuals truth

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    lol...you are half right but as usual devoid of true facts for the actuals truth
    Thanks for replying with facts and your truth so we can have a meaningful discussion rather than vague vacuous snipe that's cheap and contributes nothing.

labour bell ends want a £15 / hr min wage.
    well that will close every small business.
    blame Brexit.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast