+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Shortage of lorry drivers? What is to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    no sitting on the fence box to tick?
    Not at all. The issue for me was far more complex than a yes/ no answer. This is illustrated by the fact that far right and left voters both voted for brexit for entirely different ideological reasons. The vote should have been more geared up to what people wanted or didnt want from Brexit. It should have been done in 2 parts, maybe more. Nothing in life has a yes/ no answer we all know that let alone such an important political issue. It just turned out to be a "knee jerk/ kick johnny foreigner out" and everything will be ok not really having any evidence that this would be true. The irony is now we are asking Johnny foreigner to come back to bail us out. Personally I hope they tell us to feck off. Ya reaps what ya sows.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 26-09-2021 at 05:50 PM.

you are not right . you post and think fk missed something out and edit. you do it all the time. think before posting haha

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Not at all. The issue for me was far more complex than a yes/ no answer. This is illustrated by the fact that far right and left voters both voted for brexit for entirely different ideological reasons. The vote should have been more geared up to what people wanted or didnt want from Brexit. It should have been done in 2 parts, maybe more. Nothing in life has a yes/ no answer we all know that let alone such an important political issue. It just turned out to be a "knee jerk/ kick johnny foreigner out" and everything will be ok not really having any evidence that this would be true. The irony is now we are asking Johnny foreigner to come back to bail us out. Personally I hope they tell us to feck off. Ya reaps what ya sows.
    YOU hope they tell us to Feck off?
    bit late. we told them to Feck off.
    You really are not getting this are you?

Have the people who wanted to remain forgotten already that they,ve been vaccinated if they want to be by the British govt.
    We decided how we were going to do it, got it done and didn't have to be dictated to by any other nation or organisation.
    Does anyone seriously think that we would have achieved that if we were still in the EU.
    Friends I have in France said the country was completely disorganised for months regarding vaccinations and if the media were to be believed so were the other European nations.

One key thing we all need is our health and that would have been compromised by others. Can't have that under any circumstances.

The vaccination procedure is a prime example of why it was the right decision to leave. We need to be in control and not be dictated to and dragged down by the ineptitude of others who just want to take advantage of the British taxpayers for their own gain.
    Yes indeed, we told you so

Starmer wants to bring in 100,000 foreign lorry drivers and the Tories want the employers to pay higher wages, bit of a role reversal from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    A democratic nation ( allegedly) and we had a referendum. The result was leave, but remainders spitefully dragged the process out causing more pain and complications than there should have been.

Tomorrow might be foggy weather, if it is then remainers will blame it on Brexit
    Fact: the majority of people who have emptied the filling stations voted Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    that's Germany for you. another good reason to be out.
    What was the state of a defeated Germany at the end of the war?

What was the state of a victorious Gt Britain at the end of the war?

How do they compare now?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes they will bite, but due to letting in too many waifs and strays from Afghanistan and other scrubber nations.
    Heil Grist!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Not guilty mi sen howdy. I assume youve been enjoying it. Mods probs think its going over old ground again i assume which is prob true.
    In the main it was a decent exchange of views and people raised a number of reasonable points.

Wouldn’t you agree, one contributor wanted to go over ‘old ground’ and call people out? Thought it was arrogance of the highest order and clearly posted to rile and wind people up.

Thought it was topical howdy originally. It prob got to the point where it was going over old ground ie see many brexit threads many moons ago so it prob had run its course. I agree good points made on all sides of the argument.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast