+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Shortage of lorry drivers? What is to blame?

remain as much as they want.
    We are out. yehaa

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    The sad remoaning remainiacs are not aware this is a global problem because the Beeb and other EU supporting rogue stations will not publicise this to inform the sheep out there and try to suggest it is only over here.Pathetic desperadoes.

So if there's a shortage of drivers in other countries, why are we offering short term visas to drivers they haven't got?

Because our T & C,s will be more attractive.
    Simple economics, supply and demand fixes the price

The cognotive dissonance is hilarious and exactly as I expected it would be.

Of course its multi factoral. Brexit has been exacerbated by Covid, but that's the point. We've long had a shortage, but imagine how different things would be now if we hadn't lost 10-20,000 drivers. Also the supply line issues are just the tip of the iceberg. The stories I hear from people running businesses make me really fearful for the stagflation heading our way.

When the shelves aren't empty, just keep an eye on what's happening to those prices.

To reiterate... I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

Of course its multi factoral. Brexit has been exacerbated by Covid, but that's the point. We've long had a shortage, but imagine how different things would be now if we hadn't lost 10-20,000 drivers. Also the supply line issues are just the tip of the iceberg. The stories I hear from people running businesses make me really fearful for the stagflation heading our way.

When the shelves aren't empty, just keep an eye on what's happening to those prices.

So you’re saying if we’d stayed in all would be fine and dandy? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 you remainders didn’t get your way and when anything isn’t running to plan you blame brexit 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Just posted same time as you crash but both sort of back up what you have said
    Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

Your wordy post would have been more impressive if you had managed to spell cognitive correctly

I also have my own quirky way of spelling arguement and a few other words. A long time ago I made a decision to embrace having a certain character to typing, since I don't think it impacts on readability. I don't even have a built in dictionary in my browser for auto correct, though I am also prone to typos. If people pick up on it that's a reflection on them as I see it. Personally, I enjoy a world with a little disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Your wordy post would have been more impressive if you had managed to spell cognitive correctly
    lol yes, but at least he "told us so"

Arrogance, pure and simple. as if we give a f*** about what he thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So you’re saying if we’d stayed in all would be fine and dandy? �������� you remainders didn’t get your way and when anything isn’t running to plan you blame brexit ��������
    Of course I'm not, I'm saying it wouldn't be as bad. I think that's pretty objectively true.

What you accuse the Remainers of, you're doing exactly the same on the leave side, its hilarious the denial of any sort of acknowledgement of the role played by Brexit. Will you dare acknowledge that Brexit is having a huge impact on the driver shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    lol yes, but at least he "told us so"

Arrogance, pure and simple. as if we give a f*** about what he thinks
    Won't argue with this, it does come accross very arrogant. Doesn't mean I'm wrong. I did tell you so.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast