+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Constructive criticism - Lack of Creativity issue this season so far.

Firpo not at fault as much as people thing he is just in the field of vision when the goals go in.

If Ayling is fit I hope we start relying on Shackleton in midfield as he has so much more energy and rarely gives the ball away stupidly.

it would be absolutely horrible if we played Strujik and Cresswell at CB along with shackleton and firpo on the wing backs. we don't want two big physically imposing CB''s especially on corners and restarts.

It is a decimated team at the present, I thought they were ok on Saturday baring in mind they were a different/new mix. Alioski had his critics but he always put a shift in and hardly missed a game, his absence will take some time to get over; i thought we could/should have held out for the draw - that thug Antonio perhaps should have been off after he smacked Messlier - took the ref a life to even give the yellow (or am I being biased?)

I know that I'm old but...

I really would have liked to see Cooper get in that thugs face. That was a cheap shot on the keeper. Old school football requires an old school response. I realize that cooper gave up 25 pounds or so the animal but sometimes you have to stick up for your teammate.

it's why I also feel the captain has to be someone that's physically imposing. Much as I like shackleton... that's not really the one you want going into a dust up with someone his size

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    it's why I also feel the captain has to be someone that's physically imposing. Much as I like shackleton... that's not really the one you want going into a dust up with someone his size
    Not sure I agree on that one. Go back a number of decades to a time when the 1st Div was the hardest (in lots of ways) in the world, and we had Billy and Giles taking the armband. It's about your earlier comment, sticking up for your team mate that matters. "Bigger they are, the harder they fall", and if it's necessary to get a card for "pointing out" to the likes of Antonio that there are lines you don't cross, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Firpo not at fault as much as people thing he is just in the field of vision when the goals go in.

If Ayling is fit I hope we start relying on Shackleton in midfield as he has so much more energy and rarely gives the ball away stupidly.
    So if you can't see him not being where he should be, then he isn't so much at fault when other players have to fill the gaps he leaves, is that what you're saying?

Maybe we should encourage all the players to line up on the half-way line as watch as the goals go in, bearing in mind that "out of sight, out of mind"?

And I get called out for some of what I post, that one is just magical.

I hear what you say but we do play fluid positions when we get forward. That means others have to cover too. Harrison partly at fault too but the way we were starting to leave gaps in midfield.

Prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for quite a few more games as think he could turn into a fine player. He is still learning the system and about his team mates. Gary Pallistwr had a few shocking moments in his first few games for them - but then became a lot more solid.

Micah Richards roasted him but other pundits weren’t so harsh - Bryn Law and Phil Hay being two of them.

Spawns goal too spinning off his arse.

If Bielsa can do for Firpo what he has for Bamford then should be all gravy. I get why some are less convinced though.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I hear what you say but we do play fluid positions when we get forward. That means others have to cover too. Harrison partly at fault too but the way we were starting to leave gaps in midfield.

Prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for quite a few more games as think he could turn into a fine player. He is still learning the system and about his team mates. Gary Pallistwr had a few shocking moments in his first few games for them - but then became a lot more solid.

Micah Richards roasted him but other pundits weren’t so harsh - Bryn Law and Phil Hay being two of them.

Spawns goal too spinning off his arse.

If Bielsa can do for Firpo what he has for Bamford then should be all gravy. I get why some are less convinced though.
    That's one silk purse from a sows ear that even Bielsa isn't going to achieve.

Maybe but time will tell I have a little more faith it seems 😎

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)