+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again - 'Talks can wait'

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, every club has the power to retain any player if they so badly want to retain his services, like you say money. It's all down to when the approach takes place, in Smith's case too late, or far earlier than we normally do. In Smith's case as of now it's far too down the road so to speak in trying to have him change his mind but, this is one good player we've not managed well at all.
    When the approach takes place has very ittle to do with it.

Smith will have an idea of what he wants from his career, which will inevitably include financial considerations, but will also include factors such as the league he would like to play in or which part of the country he would like to live in. Factors such as the 'culture' and ambition of potential clubs might also play a part.

Smith and his agent will already know Rotherham wishes to retain him . They will already have an idea of what he wants from a new deal. A delay of a few months until both sides have a better idea of what next season might look like isn't going to change that.

Apology if it's up on the board recently.

Just to let Brin know ....the club / Rob Scott and Paul Douglas are about to invoke contract extensions on......

Chiedozie Ogbene
    Jamie Lindsay
    Viktor Johannson.
    Freddie Ladapo
    Mickel Miller

EDIT : it's a policy option to keep players for a further 12 months before trying to tie them to long term deals at the end of the season.
    No news on Smudge.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 10-02-2022 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Gremlins, some of post disappeared. .lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post

Just to let Brin know ....the club / Rob Scott and Paul Douglas are about to invoke contract extensions on......

Chiedozie Ogbene
    Jamie Lindsay
    Viktor Johannson.
    Freddie Ladapo
    Mickel Miller

No news on Smudge.
    That 4th name on the list might raise a few eyebrows as it would basically mean we are stuck with a player who doesn't want to be here if he doesn't find another home. Maybe the risk v reward is one worth taking?

Chiedozie Ogbene
    Jamie Lindsay
    Viktor Johannson.
    Freddie Ladapo
    Mickel Miller

No news on Smudge.
    I don’t think Smith had an extension clause in his contract?

Chiedozie Ogbene
    Jamie Lindsay
    Viktor Johannson.
    Freddie Ladapo
    Mickel Miller

No news on Smudge.

Surely Ladapo & Miller only to sell them!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    That 4th name on the list might raise a few eyebrows as it would basically mean we are stuck with a player who doesn't want to be here if he doesn't find another home. Maybe the risk v reward is one worth taking?
    Apology CAM , I was editing when you posted.
    It's so Freddie can't walk away for free.
    Hopefully Freddie gets fixed up with another club in the summer.

It may be down to personal problems he wants to leave, example...he or his partner / kids haven't settled in this area.
    Cut him some slack, second highest scorer this season...oh and play him against the Wendies.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I don’t think Smith had an extension clause in his contract?
    No he didn't Grist , he can walk away for free at the end of the season or see what League we are in and be in a better bargaining position.
    I don't blame any players not signing an extended contract till we know what Division we're in.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 10-02-2022 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Eyesight shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Surely Ladapo & Miller only to sell them!

Ladapo yes....

Not sure about Miller......hamstring problems.??

I'm sure I heard Chieo say he wants to stay and wants a new deal.
    Depends how generous the deal is though

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I'm sure I heard Chieo say he wants to stay and wants a new deal.
    Depends how generous the deal is though
    Doubtful any will commit to a longer extended contract till we know what League we are in basher.
    That's why the club will eventually take the options out on the players mentioned.
    Would expect Chieo to sign extended contract depending on terms and conditions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast