+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Blackpool v Barnsley match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I wish somebody would explain these tactics to me?
    We make 5 or 6 passes across our back line then launch the ball upfield to give the ball back to the other side?

I wasn’t doing cartwheels over the way we played last season but surely there’s got to be something in between those tactics and the way we’re trying to play this season. We’re trying to draw their players out of position and it’s not working. Get Style back to wing back and bring Gomes on.
    ……. I wish somebody would explain these tactics to me?
    We make 5 or 6 passes across our back line then launch the ball upfield to give the ball back to the other side?

I can.
    Good footballers at the back and midfield that can knock the ball about.
    However - launching it up front is a waste of time because we haven’t got the strikers strong enough to wrestle for the ball.
    Launching it up front at the moment - they may as well be passing it back to the opposition goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Just a little NFL reference there with the 'special teams' thing, I knew you would get it lol.

A lot is being said about the good hour or more we had at Qpr, and some good spells we had in other games as well where things actually looked promising. But how are we meant to be competitive and win games ehh when that is only happening briefly in each match.
    And in fact its not even happening in each match, look at the Bournemouth game and possibly todays game as well as another example.
    I took the fight back at Stoke as a good sign and hoped we were starting to learn as a group, and if only one of those chances had gone in against Blackburn. But thats all a case of if's and but's.
    Love the NFL references! Good luck to your Cowboys tonight! How 'bout dem Cowboys?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Woodrow was our best player a few seasons ago.
    And because of that reason many of our supporters can’t see beyond it.
    He wouldn’t even make the bench if I had owt to do with it.
    Prima Donna.
    Bet youve ad same against stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Bet youve ad same against stoke.
    Eh??

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBarnsley View Post
    Love the NFL references! Good luck to your Cowboys tonight! How 'bout dem Cowboys?!?!
    Yess get in there you Dallas Tykes, and yes thats what Im going to call them from now on lol, we blitzed and mullered the foul dirty Phillies. We go to 2-1 and that puts me in a good mood for once lol, come on you Tykes.

I think Cauley Woodrow was on the touchline for Philly, and I think Marcus Schloppy was actually coaching them lol, thats why they looked so poor and headless-chicken like. If we/Dallas really wanted it, it could have been over 50 points!.

Anyway its the Dallas Tykes against the Carolina Panthers this week (and yes I know this is going off subject now!!).
    Last edited by Acido; 28-09-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yess get in there you Dallas Tykes, and yes thats what Im going to call them from now on lol, we blitzed and mullered the foul dirty Phillies. We go to 2-1 and that puts me in a good mood for once lol, come on you Tykes.

I think Cauley Woodrow was on the touchline for Philly, and I think Marcus Schloppy was actually coaching them lol, thats why they looked so poor and headless-chicken like. If we/Dallas really wanted it, it could have been over 50 points!.

Anyway its the Dallas Tykes against the Carolina Panthers this week (and yes I know this is going off subject now!!).
    Hahaha!! The Dallas Tykes, I love it. How 'bout 'dem Tykes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ……. I wish somebody would explain these tactics to me?

I can.
    Good footballers at the back and midfield that can knock the ball about.
    However - launching it up front is a waste of time because we haven’t got the strikers strong enough to wrestle for the ball.
    Launching it up front at the moment - they may as well be passing it back to the opposition goalkeeper.
    That was my point nudger there’s no point in playing across our back line to draw in their players then playing the long ball to a forward line that can’t win or hold the ball.

Does anybody know why Benson didn’t play, he was down on the team sheet but was pulled out at the last minute?
    I’ve not found an explanation anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Does anybody know why Benson didn’t play, he was down on the team sheet but was pulled out at the last minute?
    I’ve not found an explanation anywhere?
    Sorry wrong thread

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456