+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackpool v Barnsley match thoughts

Blackpool v Barnsley match thoughts

I'm trying desperately to find any enthusiasm at the moment for the club and to be honest I'm pretty bored with the whole thing .

It's a bit of a surprise to be honest given we've had 18 months away and we haven't got to the end of September yet but there you are .

I could have gone tomorrow but turned it down and I'm somebody whose never turned down an away day and a good drink .

Let's hope the team give the sold out away end something to cheer about tomorrow and get those three points .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm trying desperately to find any enthusiasm at the moment for the club and to be honest I'm pretty bored with the whole thing .

It's a bit of a surprise to be honest given we've had 18 months away and we haven't got to the end of September yet but there you are .

I could have gone tomorrow but turned it down and I'm somebody whose never turned down an away day and a good drink .

Let's hope the team give the sold out away end something to cheer about tomorrow and get those three points .
    We need a win to get some momentum going. Not been a bad hunting ground for us has Bloomfield Rd ova the years.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    We need a win to get some momentum going. Not been a bad hunting ground for us has Bloomfield Rd ova the years.
    Our stats against Blackpool are better, historically, than against any other team in the division. If we can't beat them then I'm afraid Barnsley will be playing on Hoyland Forge, as my grandad used to say when he was on a downer with them.

We do have a decent league record against them and they tend to do better against us in the cups, weirdly enough!.

Feeling good about Saturday, lads. Hopefully we see something promising from Vita and it'll be nice to get some of the injured folks back in action. And, hoping ALI plays more than 45 damn minutes!

Side note - as an American I always like to look into/learn about the various towns of the teams we're playing each week, and it looks like Blackpool is a nice beach town! Do people go on holiday there often?

Blackpool a very popular resort MB great for families and football weekends for away supporters etc. As people get older they tend to move a short distance down the coast to Lytham St Annes. Worth a visit for you but being a proud Yorkshire man I need to recommend you get to the Yorkshire East Coast couple of hours from Barnsley.

2 - 0 win for us today !

Blackpool is great for ONE visit to say you’ve been there, it never used to be a $hit hole but it is now! It’s used for stag weekends and Hen parties and has been completely ruined.
    I’m with you animal I had the chance to go, but because of the time of year it was costing a fortune to stay one night in a dump, just not worth the hassle!
    I moved to the East Coast 4 months ago and it is beautiful, Hornsea is the same today as it was 40 years ago!

Enjoy Hornsea Perky - remember going to the Hornsea seaside school for a week a couple of times and of course Hornsea Pottery

Happy Days!

A couple of mates on an early train out of Leeds, saying the Barnsley youth are well pissed up. It could be carnage in Blackpool today, especially if we don't get a result

Blackpool's heyday came with the industrial workers of Lancashire and Yorkshire ( coal, steel, textiles etc) being granted a week's holiday with pay. Barnsley Feast Week saw Blackpool as Barnsley Central.
    As the cheap overseas sunshine holidays took over it has declined and become a sh1toyle, OK for a day but not any longer.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast