+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Blackpool v Barnsley match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    People might think I'm crazy with his recent record but I bring Stendel back .

Stendel is someone the players would run through brick walls for and there's nowt complicated about his tactics .

Get that high press and intensity back that's sadly lacking .

Let's see some passion back in the technical area .

I get this is probably a left field opinion but none the less I think Daniel with this group of players would have us climbing that table .
    We would probably have to be relegated first and then Stendel wins automatic promotion at his first attempt resulting in Stendel being sacked again.
    I was pleased for the celebrating Blackpool fans who have had hard times struggling against an owner they thought didn't operate in the clubs best interests . They protested every week for months and boycotted home games to get rid of owner Owen Oyston and, with the help of Court Judgements, finally succeeded.
    I thought "Maybe, just maybe", "Give it time"---and a smile played across my lips.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 25-09-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Not been great watching a few games but i-follow commentary even more frustrating - commentators really trying to keep positive each game but it's like listening to a Chinese state owned TV channel, is Chien paying / censoring them?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We would probably have to be relegated first and then Stendel wins automatic promotion at his first attempt resulting in Stendel being sacked again.
    I was pleased for the celebrating Blackpool fans who have had hard times struggling against an owner they thought didn't operate in the clubs best interests . They protested every week for months and boycotted home games to get rid of owner Owen Oyston and, with the help of Court Judgements, finally succeeded.
    I thought "Maybe, just maybe", "Give it time"---and a smile played across my lips.
    In my opinion it would be far easier for Stendel to keep us in the championship rather than get us out of league one .

League One looks a tougher proposition than it did the last time and it's highly likely the budget won't be too great either .

We have apparently lost £4m these last 18 months and I'd expect austerity to be the order of the day on Grove Street should we be relegated .

The Austrian HC recruitment model looks exhausted to me so I'd go back to a familiar face where we know what he's all about .

The players are good enough to stay in the league but only with a HC who as at least half a clue in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Blackpool a very popular resort MB great for families and football weekends for away supporters etc. As people get older they tend to move a short distance down the coast to Lytham St Annes. Worth a visit for you but being a proud Yorkshire man I need to recommend you get to the Yorkshire East Coast couple of hours from Barnsley.

2 - 0 win for us today !
    Haha! Thanks for the reco, if I ever make the trip I'll prioritize Yorkshire East Coast Sad result today....

Man, what a rough game today. Can't win if you can't score. Story all season unfortunately. Few thoughts:

1.) For about 10-15 combined minutes, we looked unstoppable and were incredibly creative with set ups and offense. The other 75-80 minutes, we looked like a relegation bound squad.

2.) Why Palmer for Benson? Why not Palmer for Ben Williams and then shift Callum to LWB? Benson had a fantastic game and should not have been subbed off (barring fitness concerns).

3.) I'm a new fan to Barnsley so take this with a grain of salt, but man I don't see much creativity or elite goal scoring prowess from Woodrow. He's just *there*, per se and occasionally takes some fine shots. Not a big difference maker thus far.

4.) Why oh why do are we so insistent on playing the long ball sometimes?! It NEVER works because our forwards aren't tall. No one EVER wins the ball and we always lose possession either via a defender header or a long ball giveaway that goes over our heads. No creativity!!!! Need to do better.

5.) Will ALI ever play more than 45 minutes?

Its hard to say it M.B but Cauley has been awful like this for way too long now. Apart from hitting the odd spectacular free kick of course like at Stoke, but how often do they work out .
    Wasn't it at the start of last season where we were saying he just needs that bit of luck in front of goal, and then he will really keep on scoring. Well he got a few normal goals (not free kicks or pens), but doesn't seem to have improved at all and whether its down to a poor attitude or is he just not suited to this style of play ?.

Dom Frieser is the same, hes got a few goals this season but most of time hes ineffective, and then theres Vic Adeboyajo and Devante Cole. So how much worse is this going to get ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 25-09-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its hard to say it M.B but Cauley has been awful like this for way too long now. Apart from hitting the odd spectacular free kick of course like at Stoke, but how often do they work out .
    Wasn't it at the start of last season where we were saying he just needs that bit of luck in front of goal, and then he will really keep on scoring. Well he got a few normal goals (not free kicks or pens), but doesn't seem to have improved at all and whether its down to a poor attitude or is he just not suited to this style of play ?.

Dom Frieser is the same, hes got a few goals this season but most of time hes ineffective, and then theres Vic Adeboyajo and Devante Cole. So how much worse is this going to get ?.
    Ugh... sadly just not much quality up front. Really accentuates the need for Obbi and ALI to be good, and for Morris to be healthy. But that's too many what-if's for my liking. This offense is awful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBarnsley View Post
    Ugh... sadly just not much quality up front. Really accentuates the need for Obbi and ALI to be good, and for Morris to be healthy. But that's too many what-if's for my liking. This offense is awful!!!
    Yeah I think our 'offense' is totally offensive (meant in a sarcy bad way lol). And we aren't even that good on 'special teams' either.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And we aren't even that good on 'special teams' either.
    Not at all! Callum's corner was terrible, and no one is tall enough to head the ball besides Helik

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBarnsley View Post
    Not at all! Callum's corner was terrible, and no one is tall enough to head the ball besides Helik
    Just a little NFL reference there with the 'special teams' thing, I knew you would get it lol.

A lot is being said about the good hour or more we had at Qpr, and some good spells we had in other games as well where things actually looked promising. But how are we meant to be competitive and win games ehh when that is only happening briefly in each match.
    And in fact its not even happening in each match, look at the Bournemouth game and possibly todays game as well as another example.
    I took the fight back at Stoke as a good sign and hoped we were starting to learn as a group, and if only one of those chances had gone in against Blackburn. But thats all a case of if's and but's.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast