+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New song for the kop

New song for the kop

In response to the thread suggesting that there was not a lot of noise from the fans at Meadow Lane, a idea for another occurred to me, sung to the tune of The Beatles 'Penny Lane'

MEADOW LANE IS IN MY EARS AND IN MY EYES,
    THERE BENEATH THE BLUE NOTTS COUNTY SKIES,
    WE SIT AND SHOUT 'YOU PIES'.

Repeat as often as required.
    It's easy to sing, will carry across the ground and cannot readily be pinch by any other team.

A wee bit cringe

Rather stick with the Barrow song

You dont need another song. Its even worse than that Ruben and Cal song TBF.

If you are going to continue to maintain a big expansive staduim rarely more than 35% full then the atmosphere will never be fantastic will it.

That's the spirit

"Even worse.."?? I think back in this country it's rather popular with the magpie faithful. Catch fine, good lyrics and a welcome new addition.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's the spirit

"Even worse.."?? I think back in this country it's rather popular with the magpie faithful. Catch fine, good lyrics and a welcome new addition.
    Wheel Barrow Song is the club tune. And its a great tune. And it'll never be pinched. From an era which was one of the most fantastic in our history with some special singers in the crowd as well. Who can forget " OOOHH SALAMANDER!"

I miss the 'Super Notts, Super Notts' chant and 'we hate Nottingham Forest, we hate Forest too and Forest...' they both used to be regulars back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Who can forget " OOOHH SALAMANDER!"
    I remember that. Is there a story behind it or was it just some totally random thing somebody decided to shout out and it caught on?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I remember that. Is there a story behind it or was it just some totally random thing somebody decided to shout out and it caught on?
    I am pretty sure it was just a random thing but it always made me laugh as it was so random. I seem to remember there was a small piece about it in 'The Pie' back in the day but I will have to dig out my collection and have a look when I work out where I stored them.

The first random chant I can remember is when the Lane Enders used to sing "Fritz is our leader" both home and away in the early 70's.

As I recall Fritz was a diehard Notts fan seen at every game and from memory always seemed to wear a trenchcoat. I don't know if that was how he got his nickname or whether it was his real name. Hopefully someone can help me out.