+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leicester v Burnley Match Preview

Leicester v Burnley Match Preview

Both Burnley and Leicester progressed in the EFL Cup this week with victories over Rochdale and Millwall respectively. Jay Rodriguez bagged all four Burnley goals as they came from a goal down to beat their Lancashire neighbours. Ademola Lookman -who had been touted as a potential Burnley target during the last transfer window-opted to join Leicester instead and notched his first goal for the Foxes in the 2-0 win at Millwall.

The FA Cup holders have had a mixed start to the season winning two and losing three of their opening five Premier League fixtures. They will expect to make home advantage count at the King Power on Saturday against a Burnley side who are winless so far in the Premier League. Kelechi Iheanacho who also scored in the win at Millwall will be vying with Lookman for a starting berth alongside Jamie Vardy. The lively Harvey Barnes will add further menace to the Foxes attack but they may be without Jonny Evans (foot injury) in defence.

For Burnley Maxwel Cornet should earn his first PL start after impressing against Rochdale. Who partners Chris Wood up front remains to be seen as Rodriguez has made a strong case to be included in the starting eleven ahead of Matej Vydra and Ashley Barnes. Josh Brownhill could well return in midfield after missing the Rochdale tie but defender Connor Roberts is still sidelined.

The match referee is Chris Kavanagh with Jonathan Moss on VAR.

Let’s have something to cheer about on MOTD on Saturday night. A Cornet brace would do nicely for starters. COYC!

if they continue to dither with the ball around the halfway line, are as predictable as they are sluggish...and Vardy thinks the goal is somewhere outside of the posts....then how can we fail !

My dad was a Burnley fan and my mum a Leicester fan Outwood. When both teams made the 1973/4 FA Cup semis I hoped we might meet in the final. Not to be. At least Ray Hankin scored the winner in the third place playoff (At Filbert Street!).

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

if they continue to dither with the ball around the halfway line, are as predictable as they are sluggish...and Vardy thinks the goal is somewhere outside of the posts....then how can we fail !

Thank you Norder. That red card would be old Slabhead himself before he moved to Manchester United. Only one win for the Clarets in that sequence but no reason not to put a dent in the Leicester bandwagon this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    My dad was a Burnley fan and my mum a Leicester fan Outwood. When both teams made the 1973/4 FA Cup semis I hoped we might meet in the final. Not to be. At least Ray Hankin scored the winner in the third place playoff (At Filbert Street!).
    I had completely forgotten about that game Warminster. I suppose that was part of the trauma of the semi-final defeat. It was no consolation that Newcastle were utterly trounced in the final by Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Thank you Norder. That red card would be old Slabhead himself before he moved to Manchester United. Only one win for the Clarets in that sequence but no reason not to put a dent in the Leicester bandwagon this afternoon.
    and Thank-You Outwood.....Match previews are ever the appetizer.

and with Lesters 2 wins from 5 ( lost 3) , just squeezing it v Wolves and Norwich....I cannot envisage a loss.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)