+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Ryder Cup

O/T Ryder Cup

How good is this golf?

The yanks put better?

Tyrrell Hatton is on fire

DeChambeau 417 yard drive
    Last edited by CAMiller; 24-09-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    How good is this golf?

The yanks put better?

Tyrrell Hatton is on fire

Was it in a taxi?.....wow!

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Wouldn't like to be his postman

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Wouldn't like to be his postman
    You're on fire tonight pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    You're on fire tonight pal.
    Inspired 5 minutes, I'll soon settle down 😂

Going pretty much as I expected and yes Europe need to start holing the putts. If they don't bounce back and at least carve out a winning Saturday (5 to 3 or better) then I fear Sunday will just be a funeral march.

Just out of interest gm_gm, I went to TopGolf a couple of weeks ago (www.topgolf.com) and swung clubs in anger for the first time in 6 years after both shoulder and elbow problems. I hit it pretty well in line with how I used to 30 years ago W-4I (110-180yds carry) and was flying the 'woods' over 200 but even at 61 years young I feel inadequate compared to Mr. DeChambeau. What's the 'norm' these days at competitive recreational golf levels for single digit handicappers?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Going pretty much as I expected and yes Europe need to start holing the putts. If they don't bounce back and at least carve out a winning Saturday (5 to 3 or better) then I fear Sunday will just be a funeral march.

Just out of interest gm_gm, I went to TopGolf a couple of weeks ago (www.topgolf.com) and swung clubs in anger for the first time in 6 years after both shoulder and elbow problems. I hit it pretty well in line with how I used to 30 years ago W-4I (110-180yds carry) and was flying the 'woods' over 200 but even at 61 years young I feel inadequate compared to Mr. DeChambeau. What's the 'norm' these days at competitive recreational golf levels for single digit handicappers?
    Thats pretty good CAM, its about being straight as opposed to long.

I played with a scratch golfer for a few years and he hit average drives of 300 (average tour player is 295) but he was no where near as accurate, I hit average 260. The average golfer is like the average fisherman they will exaggerate a bit.

Getting a right pasting at the minute. 9-3

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Getting a right pasting at the minute. 9-3
    TBF they have the best players, their putting is different class....we should lose big time

When I saw the Euro team for the Ryder cup I thought no way will we retain the cup. Hatton what has he done lately. Westwood,Fleetwood more like dead wood . Poulter over the top to old ,Havland and Wiesberger who are they ? Shane lowery company for Mcllroy who incidently cant get going because team efforts not there from the rest on fire Rham the best of a bad bunch is bringing out the best in his country side kick Garcia. Dont get me wrong love em all like to watch them all play . But Captain Padraington you aint gonna pull this one off . Not having support from euro fans doesnt help and The Arrogant Obnoxious American fans with their over the top attitude doesn't help. Well let the Giddies clean the trophy for a couple of years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast