+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ismail out

Oops.

Not impressed with Albion last night I have to say .

Rangers had you sussed and deserved at least a point .

I'm in a position to judge Val and Albion aren't playing with the same intensity he had us playing last season .

That's not totally down to Val in fairness that's down to not having the right players at his disposal .

Only Mowatt seems to get it and it's fairly obvious why that is .

A lack of a plan B is also noticeable which is something we had last season in the play offs under Val .

That lack of a plan B will be the death of him if he's not given the resources and time at Albion .

Val should be able to come up with a plan B at Albion because the budget and club are far bigger than what he had here .

Whether he gets that opportunity I don't know .

You won't get away with what you got away with last night for too much longer .

We'll be fine as long as we don't persist with the 'hoofball' style that we have seen too much of so far. When we have played along the ground we've looked far more dangerous and capable of breaking sides down. High press, fine, but 'hoofball', no!

Quote Originally Posted by wba13 View Post
    So you wouldn’t pay Livermore in washers well he was excellent last night got around the pitch had a couple of shots played a wonderful pass to Phillips to cross for Reach to make there keeper make a great save 1st half. His high press led to our second goal winning the ball to set Mowatt away. But some of you will only see the negatives. Even Ismael praised him for his high press. Has played well this season in most games. As for Johnstone the only no2 position he will fill is England’s he’s a great keeper who’s been asked to play differently this season and in most parts he’s done well. Some of you are supposed to be fans but all you do is criticise.

Absolute bollox - if Livermore was half as good as Mowatt we would be fine! His passing overall has been woeful and his tackling poor. Was the complete link before we were promoted before he was dropped last year!

Johnstone is decent for the championship but ask yourself why no Premier team wanted him? His hesitancy last night made it easy for Gray to pick his spot!

Maybe we are at different games but many not happy with Livermore! You will say we played well last night but we got out of jail big time!

My expectations are low though as weakest West Brom squad in years but zero spent! Don’t blame Val one bit though!!

Compare the side who were pipped to the Premier by Villa and there’s no comparison in terms of quality!

I am overall happy though knowing we are a poor squad and Val doing the best he can!

If I talk bollox look at yourself The only reason Johnstone never left is because all premiership sides know he’s free at end of season so they don’t pay anything for him. His hesitation last night just shows you do not watch properly. He was sweeping up a ball which would have been his if it hadn’t been slowed by hitting gray on the Thigh this slight touch made Johnstone backpeddle. Anyhow he will always seem to be at fault with some who haven’t a clue. The same goes for Livermore he could never get a look in with some but Ismael keeps picking and praising them and they no more than you and me will ever know. How did we get out of jail 18 shots to 5 , 8 on target to 4 we were the better side and changed tact to play it more passing. You obviously have a dislike for no reason of some players but I will take the managers word over yours every single time.
    Last edited by wba13; 25-09-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Johnstone is being asked to play as a sweeper and it is inevitable he will get caught in 'no mans land' on occasions. I reckon someone will stick one over his head from 40 yards or more before the season is out.

If I talk bollox look at yourself The only reason Johnstone never left is because all premiership sides know he’s free at end of season so they don’t pay anything for him. His hesitation last night just shows you do not watch properly. He was sweeping up a ball which would have been his if it hadn’t been slowed by hitting gray on the Thigh this slight touch made Johnstone backpeddle. Anyhow he will always seem to be at fault with some who haven’t a clue. The same goes for Livermore he could never get a look in with some but Ismael keeps picking and praising them and they no more than you and me will ever know. How did we get out of jail 18 shots to 5 , 8 on target to 4 we were the better side and changed tact to play it more passing. You obviously have a dislike for no reason of some players but I will take the managers word over yours every single time.

Wrong! Arsenal paid nearer to 30 million for Ramsdale so why didn't they want Johnstone for half that? Why didn't West Ham want him? Don't get me wrong - Johnstone is a good keeper but would rather we had a decent striker with the money had he been sold than nobody who can score when Button is decent - perhaps not as good but still decent. Johnstone hesitated last night and he should have either stayed on his line and narrowed the angle or kept coming out - everyone else saw that including the experts but hey - not you!

Livermore was poor when we were promoted and to be fair had a couple of decent games but still poor passing overall and issues with his tackling. Oh - had we paid the money for Okay who is five times better than Livermore we would be on a roll!

I bet Malomby will start soon and so should he!

We were p iss poor last night until the flukey goal which we will take. Almost every person saw that!

I am one of the minority who has backed Val and 100% still will. Reasons are this squad is shocking in terms of quality compared to the side who missed out to Vile - compare the players! So my expectations are low with a complete c unt as an owner who invested nothing and will strip the club senseless until many wake up! On this basis Val is doing a good job and I have enjoyed my travels to Preston and Blackburn especially and hope you did too!

Your be telling me next Phillips played well and Grant was outstanding ( second goal the exception ) so for the other 85 minutes!

I was no fan of HRK but liked his work rate. I would have HRK back like a shot now but hey we can't afford his 40 grand a week wages and here lies the moral of the story!

So should we romp the league with this squad - NO! Is Val doing a good job with the tools at his disposal - YES!

Some say hoofball but can someone tell me which players have the quality to play tippy tappy football? Don't say Matt Phillips as he turns up for 1 game out of every 3! Grady is starting to improve but 15 million is the best bit of business West Ham will ever do!
    Last edited by baggieal; 25-09-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Taking off our best player in Diangana and leaving Grant on, absolutely criminal, the guy hasn’t a clue
    First and foremost I will admit to not having read the whole thread. I don't mean to be disrespectful of other people's opinions but I have to disagree with you. Diangana was not our best player and substituting him was the right call.

This isn't a hindsight post either. Found his performance frustrating at best and if anything he was probably fortunate to have been given the opportunity of coming out for the second half. VI must have been fuming when he kept possession to himself when others were in better positions.

Couldn't understand the halftime boos or those which greeted his substitution either. No idea what message it sends to the players but I doubt it's a good one when they're running their b@ll@cks off trying to force a win.

Your not in the minority backing Val 90% will still be behind him. Phillips was crap but Grant looked interested and did the pressing which Val wants, where as Grady got took off for not pressing and being to much individualist when players were in a better position as the firsts goal showed for as much as you blame Johnstone Grady lost it when there was a easy pass on.
    Anyhow I respect your opinion but we will differ on this.

Your not in the minority backing Val 90% will still be behind him. Phillips was crap but Grant looked interested and did the pressing which Val wants, where as Grady got took off for not pressing and being to much individualist when players were in a better position as the firsts goal showed for as much as you blame Johnstone Grady lost it when there was a easy pass on.
    Anyhow I respect your opinion but we will differ on this.

I agree the majority are backing Val and those who don’t are deluded when we are almost top of the table, have the weakest squad in years and spent zero.

I hope you are right about Grant as clearly there’s a good player in him so he needs to step up a gear consistently. Johnstone still could have done better by not hesitating but he’s a good keeper so we move on. Still would like to see Molumby playing instead of Livermore and for sure it will happen sooner or later when Livermore gets a red for reckless tackling!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)