+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karlan Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Firstly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder even if said beholder wishes to hang onto an appendage with the third eye of another.

Secondly and with the greatest of respect I'd be very surprised to find someone who spent so much time with the clubhouse lads was younger than myself.

Thirdly I think we both can agree it would be in the best interests of West Bromwich Albion and ourselves were Karlan Grant to fulfill our wishes regarding performances and goal returns.

1. Some may think she’s gorgeous! Jeremy for one allegedly gave her a good seeing to.

2. I’m 58 and spent many a days with this lot from sitting in the seats in the old rainbow in front of the boxes by the away end - going away for fun days - meeting at the Shakespeare in Brum pre Derby games to having a laugh in the Blue Gates prior to games. Didn’t realise you were younger? The Mrs is almost 10 years younger so plenty of life yet in the old dog.

3. Never going to happen but hope it does! Bit like Phillips he runs on empty on too many occasions.

Just been to the petrol station and there must have been a guy there around 80 with three Jerry cans FFS. Surely petrol should be rationed to those who work at the moment before the country grinds to a halt again!

Time to give the bloke a break instead of hammering him all the time.

He’s got tremendous power in both feet, I can’t remember the last Albion player who could strike it like he does with either foot.

His position is left side of any front formation, forget trying to make him a centre forward.

Play to the guy’s strengths.

That goal at Cardiff was as clean a strike as you’ll see from over 20 yards with the ball not coming on to a player, he shifted and hit it with tremendous venom.

Everybody raved when Aguero scored that type of goal.

Our record of scoring from outside the box has been abysmal since Tony Brown finished with us, we’ve been dreadful in this regard and yet so far this season, we’ve seen two of the best strikes in my 50 year history of watching Albion from Mowatt and this one tonight from Grant.

Jesus, if we had Diagne or Cauley Woodrow playing up front with Grant and Robinson we’d romp this division.

We need a proper CF in January and real quality alongside Mowatt.

If promotion looks odds on maybe we could go for Yoksulu and Diagne again but if not we need Dike, Woodrow or Gayle.

Grant is a 20-25 nailed on striker this season with the right service, the right centre forward and the backing of the fans.

I’m yet to be convinced if he will score 20-25 but I do think that Grant is a confidence player, and have said many times that managers need to keep backing players in form and build them up as every player will have a dip in form

I think and said it before that I think Robinson could score 20+ If he gets a run in the team
    He is way better than Phillips and has much more drive to get forward and play the ball quickly

I love the way he gets the ball out of his feet quickly and isn’t afraid to shoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)