+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allowing drinking back into football stands.....

Allowing drinking back into football stands.....

....a recipe for disaster. The EFL are looking to try an experiment allowing football fans to take drink to their seats during a match. Don't get giddy it's only going to be in League 2.

For me football and too much alcohol don't mix never have never will. There is having a pre match drink with mates at a pub/bar before a match, then there's the concourses if you've not had enough already but, allowing drink to be consumed in your seats??

Imagine being sat there your team scores and those behind you all jump up chucking their beer in the air such is football celebration of today. Don't get me wrong, it's all in the moment but who wants 2/3 pints washing down on them because of the piss heads sat behind you. Put it this way, I'd not be very happy and that's where it would all go pear shaped, get my drift?

Drink before a match, drink in the concourse but not in the main stands/seating. If you haven't drunk enough before kick off, stay in a pub/bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ....a recipe for disaster. The EFL are looking to try an experiment allowing football fans to take drink to their seats during a match. Don't get giddy it's only going to be in League 2.

For me football and too much alcohol don't mix never have never will. There is having a pre match drink with mates at a pub/bar before a match, then there's the concourses if you've not had enough already but, allowing drink to be consumed in your seats??

Imagine being sat there your team scores and those behind you all jump up chucking their beer in the air such is football celebration of today. Don't get me wrong, it's all in the moment but who wants 2/3 pints washing down on them because of the piss heads sat behind you. Put it this way, I'd not be very happy and that's where it would all go pear shaped, get my drift?

Drink before a match, drink in the concourse but not in the main stands/seating. If you haven't drunk enough before kick off, stay in a pub/bar!

I agree, it's a bad idea, leave it as it is.

We've gone long enough without it so why re introduce it. Policing costs would hit clubs harder trying to control piss head crowds.
    The alcohol is already stupidly way over priced even at ours, £4.30 for a pint, they're having a laugh.

Like I said, drink enough pre match if that's your choice, then focus on the game not what's in your hand.

There may be exceptions to that where some fans have only just arrived at the ground and may only want one solitary drink but, that still opens the floodgates for all those we know will spoil it, so it's a big no from me.
    Last edited by Brin; 24-09-2021 at 08:22 PM.

Big no from me too . Sit in the west stand and behind myself and my daughter are three or four big drinkers . Known them for years but still wouldn’t be impressed if I got beer thrown all over me .

Who in their right mind would want to drink the shyte they sell at NYS?

Bring compulsory masks wearing in even when covid finishes, that will stop it

If someone got drenched in a liquid that,s frothy, warm and smells of beer then it might actually be something else.

It's better with a pint! Mind you only when there's a toilet near by. A young body can only hold 3 pints of pîss and we aren't young anymore!

So then, would you be allowed to have a pint in each hand when you go to your seat?

This seems to be like allowing standing, a sticking plaster trying to stop the game hemorrhaging to death.

Drinking on the concourse is fine (if you can afford it), but taking drinks into the stand is a recipe for disaster I.M.O.

Re-introducing standing areas is a good idea as long as all the standing is at the back of the stands for obvious reasons.

Have they said what the motivation is? I assume trying to give clubs another revenue stream..?

If so, that’d be pretty short sighted given extra policing and stewarding costs and potential for losing fans if you’re unlucky to be sat near someone who doesn’t give a damn about others and gets too drunk week in week out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast