+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fuel Queues

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Correct. People are stupid.

17m people voted in favour of being poorer and disrupting our supply chains.

At what point does Project Fear become Project Reality...
    The problem you have 123 is that you blame every mortal thing on Brexit. If we lose to Cardiff on Tuesday night it will be the fault of Brexit!!

As I understand it there were a few BP forecourts closed, the stupid media despite knowing how stupid people are, failed to get underneath why only BP were having problems. The EU has driver shortages too, but not empty shelves or filling stations - I'm told it's a thing called "cabotage".

It’s such an unedifying spectacle when anyone places themselves or others on a pedestal based on their education.

Some of the most stupid and unaware people I’ve ever met were university graduates.

Some of the most interesting and clever people I’ve ever met had little or no education.

My own father wasn’t a person who achieved academically but he had a very high iQ and was an incredibly wise man.

His own mother was the same even though she left school at 14 years of age in 1925 to move 70 miles away, on her own, to become a nurse at an orphanage.

My nan and my dad taught me much and I could spend hours listening to them talk about many subjects.

Another example would be our own Des on here.

By his own admission he didn’t really “do” education and like myself he spent more time looking for a laugh at school than working hard.

I’ve met Des a few times and he’s like he is on here, incredibly well read and intensely interesting yet he worked for Wolvo council and drove a truck.

So essentially, people like myself and Des who left school at 16 and worked at the council or on the petrol pumps like myself are just a couple of thick c u n t s who deserve to be talked down to.

Give me a Des over any university grad any day of the week.

Last night Stone Cross was grid locked at 6-10 pm when I picked my nice up for the match, due to people trying to get on Tesco forecourt.
    Coming back at 10-20 pm Stone Cross was again gridlocked at this time of night.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    As I understand it there were a few BP forecourts closed, the stupid media despite knowing how stupid people are, failed to get underneath why only BP were having problems. The EU has driver shortages too, but not empty shelves or filling stations - I'm told it's a thing called "cabotage".
    The issue with BP is one delivery company are short of drivers so have decided that they weren't going to service the contract, all other fuel company's are delivering as normal, the driver shortage in the fuel industry started during the lockdown when lots of agency drivers were layed off so a lot of them have gone from the fuel industry to the big supermarkets because they are being offered better wages and conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    The problem you have 123 is that you blame every mortal thing on Brexit. If we lose to Cardiff on Tuesday night it will be the fault of Brexit!!
    We couldn't be more far apart on this.

The real issue is not enough is being blamed on Brexit. Labour shortages are for some reason being blamed on China.

Labour and Starmer are afraid to go anywhere near the subject, as are the BBC.

It just shows you the power Brexit has hold on us. That our main news channel and opposition party are scared to raise it.

If all the lazy bleeders on the dole got off there arses and took on jobs I’m sure there would be no need for foreign Labour

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s such an unedifying spectacle when anyone places themselves or others on a pedestal based on their education.

Some of the most stupid and unaware people I’ve ever met were university graduates.

Some of the most interesting and clever people I’ve ever met had little or no education.

My own father wasn’t a person who achieved academically but he had a very high iQ and was an incredibly wise man.

His own mother was the same even though she left school at 14 years of age in 1925 to move 70 miles away, on her own, to become a nurse at an orphanage.

My nan and my dad taught me much and I could spend hours listening to them talk about many subjects.

Another example would be our own Des on here.

By his own admission he didn’t really “do” education and like myself he spent more time looking for a laugh at school than working hard.

I’ve met Des a few times and he’s like he is on here, incredibly well read and intensely interesting yet he worked for Wolvo council and drove a truck.

So essentially, people like myself and Des who left school at 16 and worked at the council or on the petrol pumps like myself are just a couple of thick c u n t s who deserve to be talked down to.

Give me a Des over any university grad any day of the week.
    I don't quite understand this inverse snobbery against educated people.

If you went into hospital for an operation would you want Des standing over you or an educated and experienced surgeon? In our trade negotiations do you want someone who has an idea of what they are talking about or David Davies turning up with no paperwork?

There are no doubt educated people who don't apply intelligence and uneducated people who do. But you can't tell me that anyone who voted for Brexit applied intelligence to their vote. Most people largely voted that way because they didn't like immigrants, I hope this is a wake up call to them about how important Freedom of Movement was to us.

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    If all the lazy bleeders on the dole got off there arses and took on jobs I’m sure there would be no need for foreign Labour
    There are roughly 3 times more job vacancies than there are people on job seekers allowance. So I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    There are roughly 3 times more job vacancies than there are people on job seekers allowance. So I don't think so.
    Still make the lazy bleeders do a job instead of living on benefits

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)