+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: O/T Fuel Queues

[QUOTE=regis80;39875968]I thing for certain is this, this current inept bunch who are in charge have their days numbered. So much damage being done, you all need to wake up.

Let’s see if any of you can watch this video, a deep heartfelt honest view by this chap who dissects everything that is wrong with BoJo

https://youtu.be/goo06-v2h-w

I doubt any of you will watch it though.[

Jucarewatched this and it is worrying that so many of our key utilities are foreign owned and that so much money that should have remained in this country goes abroad for the sake of a few making shed loads of money from selling it to them. Whilst I am no fan of Boris, I do not think that you can lay the whole raft of problems we currently face at his door however and many other countries also face similar challenges. It is also not really news that we are just a very "junior partner" when it comes to our special relationship with the US. We haven't been a major world power since 1945 regardless of Empire and past glories. It is also not news that Boris likes the limelight but the real issue in the UK to my mind is the growing divide between the have and have nots and I don't honestly think the Conservative party care about that at all despite any rhetoric

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't get the premise that if you voted to leave the EU that you are unintelligent. It is a completely arrogant assumption on behalf of those who voted to remain. I didn't go to university but to a teacher training college and therefore would regard myself as reasonably intelligent. I voted to leave and become increasingly annoyed to be told by these arrogant Remainers that I lack the brainpower to make the correct decisions, the correct decisions in their blinkered view. Brexit is a very complex situation with many complex issues but the assumption that Remainers have all the answers is utterly amazing. If there is a lack of intelligence, it is on their part by assuming that whatever they believe is correct. I don't have all the answers but certainly neither do the Remainers. Show a little humility!
    That's not what the point was that was being made.

I said if you put the same number of Remainers and Leavers in a room, you would find that Remainers would have a higher level of education than Leavers.

I also made the point that many people who voted for Brexit did not apply any intelligent logic for doing so. Many people just didn't want immigrants here, and that was their reason for voting for it.

[QUOTE=Omegstrat6;39876012]
    Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I thing for certain is this, this current inept bunch who are in charge have their days numbered. So much damage being done, you all need to wake up.

Let’s see if any of you can watch this video, a deep heartfelt honest view by this chap who dissects everything that is wrong with BoJo

https://youtu.be/goo06-v2h-w

I doubt any of you will watch it though.[

Jucarewatched this and it is worrying that so many of our key utilities are foreign owned and that so much money that should have remained in this country goes abroad for the sake of a few making shed loads of money from selling it to them. Whilst I am no fan of Boris, I do not think that you can lay the whole raft of problems we currently face at his door however and many other countries also face similar challenges. It is also not really news that we are just a very "junior partner" when it comes to our special relationship with the US. We haven't been a major world power since 1945 regardless of Empire and past glories. It is also not news that Boris likes the limelight but the real issue in the UK to my mind is the growing divide between the have and have nots and I don't honestly think the Conservative party care about that at all despite any rhetoric
    I’m glad you’ve taken time to watch this omeg, it really hits home doesn’t it. Talk about taking back control, it would seem right and logical think to take back ownership of these utility companies. I think historically and rightly so public sector servants were perceived as poor workers/inefficient. However I doubt we live in that era anymore, public servants can be good and be rewarded too. I don’t have time to go into detail in what i mean here but poor work or poor management (because of the era we are in) cannot go unnoticed in this day and age. People just need to be given more accountability. If this can apply to private company individuals then it too can for public servants. Nationalise the utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    1. I think you're very confused. Project Fear was a meaningless slogan, used typically by Leavers, to bat away any negative forecasts that were predicted by the consequences of Brexit.

2. Are other countries suffering to the extent we are. I know you live in a rose tinted Brexit world, so I'll answer that for you, no they're not.

3. Why? That's my opinion. If you put 100 or 1000 Leave voters in a room with the same number of Remainers you would find that the Remainers will probably be better educated. I'd love to know if there was a study or any research done by this.

And as for your last statement, this should be quite a straightforward question for you, when should we expect our Brexit benefits to start? Do I need to wait a month, or a year, or a decade? Please, do give me an idea when I should expect to be better off as a result of the Brexit vote.
    1.Of course Remainers told lies about the consequences of Brexit (as did Leavers.) I accept this you deny!

2 All countries are suffering shortages. France medicines, Australia food, Yanks everything according to the NY Times. I can quite happy to admit I don't know to what extent Brexit has contributed to the problem relative to other factors whereas for you it's all of the problem even though you have no better idea than me.

3. Other posters have done a better job than I of discrediting this 'stupid' statement. But if you believe it a reasonable question to ask may I put this of you?

If put a 1000 Labour voters in a room with the same number of Conservative voters you would find that the Conservatives will probably be better educated.

Agreed 123?

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    It's typically hypocritical of the remainers to demean the education of those who voted Brexit and yet not care or understand why they felt the need to vote in the first place. Lived experience is important here.

Immigration is a huge value for some in our society and others it has completed changed towns and cities they once felt they knew. My mother-in-law voted Brexit. I wholehearted couldn't challenge her. She lives in a local town and her next door neighbour to the one side is a large family of Romanian people who mostly don't speak English. To her right it's a heavily Muslim family, who again don't speak great English. That describes the majority of her street and town. Large gangs of European youths knock around the town; probably most not seeking trouble, but she can't tell. She doesn't know their mothers, or relatives to know who they are and what they are about. Many people in working class areas have lost their community through immigration.

Do you think she cares about the economic risks of leaving the EU? Do you think she's bothered about anything other than having the familiarity of having neighbours she can relate to. It's not racist, she's intimidated. THIS is the common Brexit voter. Not someone who can't make an informed decision.

Most people who voted Brexit want immigration, but on their terms. Can you blame them?
    Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    1.Of course Remainers told lies about the consequences of Brexit (as did Leavers.) I accept this you deny!

2 All countries are suffering shortages. France medicines, Australia food, Yanks everything according to the NY Times. I can quite happy to admit I don't know to what extent Brexit has contributed to the problem relative to other factors whereas for you it's all of the problem even though you have no better idea than me.

3. Other posters have done a better job than I of discrediting this 'stupid' statement. But if you believe it a reasonable question to ask may I put this of you?

If put a 1000 Labour voters in a room with the same number of Conservative voters you would find that the Conservatives will probably be better educated.

Agreed 123?
    1. Did they? Remainers made predictions, Leavers told out and out lies. That was my experience of it.

2. Don't know what you want me to answer here, lets agree that Brexit has contributed to our problems?

3. Its a much closer run thing. But I would probably disagree with this, Tory voters demographic is usually 60+ retiree's and well off southerners, Labour's demographic is probably a mix of northern working class and under 30's degree level educated.

These are sweeping statements, but I would say that if you had 1000 Tories vs the same number of Labour voters, the Tories would be wealthier but not necessarily better educated. Would you agree?

Why is this a Govt issue... because they are responsible for the smooth running of the country, that is their remit. They have to ensure the right conditions are in place so that people have fuel in their car to go to work, and have access to food, drink etc.

You mention the industry trying to solve their own issues. They are often fighting against government imposed regulations to help improve the situation - for example the pandemic meant HGV driver tests were suspended (Govt enforced) or that Brexit meant 20,000 EU Drivers returning home.

Really the Government have contributed to this mess, not alleviated it.

As for your last sentence, you'd better believe it. Why would British nationals do some of the jobs that EU workers have been doing. They're just not attracted to jobs such as picking fruit or driving trucks. And there is a shortfall of available workers compared to available jobs anyway.
    Figures don’t stack up though 123. There were 60,000 vacancies pre pandemic. My point is why should it be govt issue as it’s all entirely privately ran.

I can never agree that we need migrants for this type of work.

I disagree that British workers wouldn’t want to work in driving jobs, particularly HGV which is well paid. I’ve never once seen an advert on tv for becoming a driver and why. I’m not aware that they try to promote to different types of candidate, like women in order to access the full market. Most industries are well ahead of the game recruitment and training-wise. They seem to have allowed this to happen.

Oh my life, why is this so hard for people to understand. People who typically voted for Brexit are now look around for other things to blame.

I've said this numerous times, we would have had supply issues anyway - but Brexit further compounds these problems.

We are around 100,000 drivers short, we lost 20,000 EU drivers according the RHA because of Brexit. The RHA have been warning about this issue for months, if not longer. On the front page of the Mail yesterday they were being blamed for it, and Grant Shapps also blamed them. This is not a Government that takes any responsibility. But then neither do the people that voted for this Govt or for Brexit - as is evidenced here.

All you are doing here is making excuses. We can't control the pandemic issues or what happens in China. But there is no doubt we would be better prepared if we hadn't left the EU. Regardless of what type of spin you want to put on it about other countries issues.

"Life isn't perfect, its not as easy as it used to be"

I think deep down you know Brexit is a disaster and you're just clutching at straws.

You’re a master at not actually answering the questions posed.

There is a world shortage of drivers according to official bodies including a huge gap in Germany, the country the remainers hold in such high regard.

Interesting to see that Merkel’s party have lost power, what a stellar job the Germans must think she’s done in the last few years!

If the Germans and the rest of Europe and the world are short of so many HGV drivers then there is a general problem and not simply a Brexit/Boris problem.

You just won’t accept anything other than your rabid narrative.

That's not what the point was that was being made.

I said if you put the same number of Remainers and Leavers in a room, you would find that Remainers would have a higher level of education than Leavers.

I also made the point that many people who voted for Brexit did not apply any intelligent logic for doing so. Many people just didn't want immigrants here, and that was their reason for voting for it.
    That's exactly what you are saying! Of course it was the point that was being made.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Figures don’t stack up though 123. There were 60,000 vacancies pre pandemic. My point is why should it be govt issue as it’s all entirely privately ran.

I can never agree that we need migrants for this type of work.

I disagree that British workers wouldn’t want to work in driving jobs, particularly HGV which is well paid. I’ve never once seen an advert on tv for becoming a driver and why. I’m not aware that they try to promote to different types of candidate, like women in order to access the full market. Most industries are well ahead of the game recruitment and training-wise. They seem to have allowed this to happen.
    The Govt creates the trading environment for industry.

They have done nothing to alleviate the pain, that the member body have been warning about for months. In fact they have contributed towards it.

We will have to agree to disagree from thereon. HGV drivers have been particularly poorly paid until quite recently when the shortfall has lead to this. The RHA are definitely not to blame for this. I'm sure the Tory propaganda machines that are the Mail and The Sun will ensure they are though.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)